Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jota

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    From what little I've seen of him for us I don't really like him on the right (in comparison to the other two position, not that he's objecvtively bad). Though if he scores, what do I care that the eye test suggests he's playing suboptimally - a bit like Mo.

He is our most direct attacker right now. Looks like our best option through the middle.

Agree that he looks his least potent on the right ( why I was miffed he was stuck out there early first half ) but as an incoming player - and having played in all 3 positions - I think he has shown the tendency for profligacy that has become the norm in our otherwise spectacular attack.

Jota - Pl & CL

Cf - 3 games - 4 goals - 97 mins
    Rwf- 4 games - 3 goals - 343 mins
    Lwf - 3 games - 1 goal - 130 mins

I wanted Sarr.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I wanted Sarr.
    I certainly didnt think he was this sort of player. It's been a great start and adds genuine depth to th esquad if he can sustain the performances if not the numbers.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I certainly didnt think he was this sort of player. It's been a great start and adds genuine depth to th esquad if he can sustain the performances if not the numbers.
    I didn't know anything about him, whereas I saw Sarr as more of a FSG type buy.

I wasn't upset when we signed him, more perplexed that it just happened. No fuss.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

No winner, you still get your chicken dinner for now !!

Thought he did alright tonight, botched a few breaks, 3 heavy touches but contributed elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    No winner, you still get your chicken dinner for now !!

Thought he did alright tonight, botched a few breaks, 3 heavy touches but contributed elsewhere.
    probably fatigue

Same with mane and salah

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    probably fatigue

Same with mane and salah
    Between them they blew a few chances.

We could and should have won about 4-0 tonight, we kept getting in but fluffing our lines.

I knew what we were getting, he was Wolves' main man, I watched a lot of their games last season when they didn't clash with ours, I was made up when we signed him, I thought he'd prove a great signing, I didn't think he'd have the instant brilliant start he has, I think that's surprised everyone

It's going to still take time and to actually get Thiago fit and playing in midfield with Hendo and Gini to see the very best of him, made a lot of great runs for Wolves that were picked by Moutinho, we're more direct than that a lot of the time and our whole side has evolved playing more direct without that type of passing in midfield and our continual runs in behind by our forwards supported by our full backs made for certain types of ball, so all the players will need time to get used to Jota's different movement and we'll need Thiago back to pick the runs out
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”