Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Jota

4 goals in 6 games in Europe (a hat-trick skews the stats) and 5 goals in 9 appearances in the League.

Yes please.

Come on stat man - Jota came on as a sub plenty in the CL and almost 90 of those minutes were in a dead rubber in Denmark in this crazy lineup..

He has 4 goals in 360 minutes of CL football. That’s far closer to 4 goals in 4 games - not 6... same minutes as Mané.

Bobby has played in 6 too but only 160 mins.

Listing games played isn’t the full story for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He has 4 goals in 360 minutes of CL football. That’s far closer to 4 goals in 4 games - not 6... same minutes as Mané.

Listing games played isn’t the full story for me.
    The point I was aiming to make is that he is prolific.

A point you have further backed up.

"I'll take it" - Bart Simpson buying the Ultimate Pog.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The point I was aiming to make is that he is prolific.

A point you have further backed up.

"I'll take it" - Bart Simpson buying the Ultimate Pog.
    I was just being a pedantic fuck. Whenever I think of Jota - and that sodding game in Denmark I get nearly as angry as Klopp!!

I was just being a pedantic fuck. Whenever I think of Jota - and that sodding game in Denmark, I get nearly as angry with Klopp as I am with everyone else!!!
    Fixed for you.

Maybe Noods..

Burnley game too early for him, could be available for the next league game according to Radio Merseyside on the 3PM bulletin.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Haha - another cracker..!

Bit harsh on our Bobby though..
    A bit disappointed nobody bt, great option as a super sb though, watches intently wenon the bench, looking where he might make the difference, till puzzling me why, whenit's here he mostly lined up for Wolves, he's stank the place out in the 2 or 3 games he's played LFWD, including THAT Villa game, nowhere near Mane's quality in that position.

I think it's the difference in style of play, our left side has been our most potent and creative for a long time and Mane's speed aggression skill, power, runs in behind and relishing of one v ones is a huge part of that, Jota isn't that kind of player and doesn't have those skill sets, spends to much time coming short and really disrupting everything that's worked so well on our left te last 2 yeas and it hasn't got back to where t was since

That's the thing for me most people seemto have a real lack of understanding about in football, a team is a living breathing entity, i look a it as a singular body, if you change just one thing, one thing being not as that body is used to, it disrupts everything else.

There are exeptions when a player can be Ginseng to that body, when they comfortably do everything it is used to and bring other things that are better and help it to function even better, but Jota at LFWD isn't one of those thins
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

@Noods @Steveo

Do you not think he was told to put out a stronger team by FSG? Honest question?

He never cared about these deadwood games. At worst I can imagine the players not wanting to chuck a CL game out the window, I can't see this coming from Klopp.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @Noods @Steveo

Do you not think he was told to put out a stronger team by FSG? Honest question?

He never cared about these deadwood games. At worst I can imagine the players not wanting to chuck a CL game out the window, I can't see this coming from Klopp.
    Wasn't it you who said it was a UEFA issue? That they are/were obligated to put a team out regardless of it having no bearing on the group?