Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Jota

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @Noods @Steveo

Do you not think he was told to put out a stronger team by FSG? Honest question?

He never cared about these deadwood games. At worst I can imagine the players not wanting to chuck a CL game out the window, I can't see this coming from Klopp.
    Really not sure - it was a strange lineup - not strong and very hashed together. Asking for trouble. Bunch of thugs that team - overly physical - can see how they bludgeoned their way into the Group stages of CL.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Wasn't it you who said it was a UEFA issue? That they are/were obligated to put a team out regardless of it having no bearing on the group?
    I know there was some money involved in winning that game to the tune of a couple of million bucks. Think there's also a rule you're meant to play a strong team, but I suspect it was mostly down to the money and positive exposure.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @Noods @Steveo

Do you not think he was told to put out a stronger team by FSG? Honest question?

He never cared about these deadwood games. At worst I can imagine the players not wanting to chuck a CL game out the window, I can't see this coming from Klopp.
    If he was told that by FSG then it just backs up my point (contrary to what a few others have said) about Klopp being 'under the thumb' and that he is happy to put up with FSG's BS i.e. playing Jota in a 'meaningless' game, or not telling FSG that unless they start parting with a few more 'reddies', he'll be off.

If it was his decision to play Jota, then it's yet another in an increasing number of 'brain-farts' that he is having as of late.

imagine klopp being forced to play jota

I don't think so not a chance lol

Back soon
    And hopefully the other front 3 will score goals or be on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Back soon
    Who is going to come in for our front three should they not start finding the back of the net? Origi, Williams and Kelleher?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Back soon
    we actually need another attacker as one being on the bench does nothing for competition as they know they’ll be back soon.

will fsg address this? highly doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    we actually need another attacker as one being on the bench does nothing for competition as they know they’ll be back soon.

will fsg address this? highly doubtful.
    Fingers crossed we'll find an option, be it another transfer or something from within.

I am hoping Minamino will be a bit closer bulk-wise for 21/22 and Harvey Elliott continues his development. If we could add to that as well it would be ideal. Two lesser-used (fitness, style of play) players out, one in would be a situation I'm comfortable with if the injury record is good. In a pre-Covid environment we maybe move Origi (£10m) and Shaqiri* (£15m) on and bring in a £30m player whose total wage packet is less than the combined wages of the aforementioned too.

"The best ability is availability" and if we can wean out a couple of the sick-notes in the above fashion it brings us that little bit closer.

*Love Shaqiri, sadly not fit often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    imagine klopp being forced to play jota

I don't think so not a chance lol
    Yep, got to agree with Kev here. There's no way Klopp is being told what line up to put out.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep, got to agree with Kev here. There's no way Klopp is being told what line up to put out.
    Agreed Klopp tried to get minutes in his legs.

It was a bad move and it back fired.

What was even more mad is those Danes were pretty dirty so surely you would take your best players off to avoid injury in a nothing match.

Along with the CBs that decision has probably cost us 3-4 more points.