Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Jota

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep, got to agree with Kev here. There's no way Klopp is being told what line up to put out.
    Not told per se... nudged in the right direction more like.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

This kinda nudge? Like Alan imitating the snake in the garden of Eden...

@22 seconds if you can't watch all 29...

Absolute genius

Don't see why everyone's moaning, Jurgen saw an opportunity to try Jota with a couple of others and used it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jota's back soon isn't he? Going to be brilliant to have him back and have 4 top quality options up top again, may have to bide his time a little with Bobby looking like finding his best form with the developments in the team now Thiago's in midfield, pretty sure Jurgen will use all four in rotation, as far as potential super subs go, i think Jota is our most likely to be that player for us, he really watches the games incredibly intently when he's sub, looking how he can come on and make a difference when he does, for all their brilliance our long standing front 3 have never really made huge impacts from the bench

And for the record Steveo i am a huge fan of Jota, i watched a lot of Wolves games the last 2 seasons for that reason and pointed out, at some length that Jota was by far Wolves best attacker and by far the best suited to our set up, when the best new thing Emperors new clothes brigade were having a jizz fest over that lump Traore last season, i was probably the happiest and most enthusiastic of all of us that we signed him, and that hasn't changed

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Don't see why everyone's moaning, Jurgen saw an opportunity to try Jota with a couple of others and used it
    This the Midtjylland game?

Think the way the win bonuses are for the Champion's League we could have got anywhere between £2m and £4.5m for a win depending on a few things. Can't remember the figures but there are definitely incentives for wins in the group stage.

I still wanted us to rest people to prevent injury risk but it's history now - just have to get on. Can't wait to have him back!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    This the Midtjylland game?

Think the way the win bonuses are for the Champion's League we could have got anywhere between £2m and £4.5m for a win depending on a few things. Can't remember the figures but there are definitely incentives for wins in the group stage.

I still wanted us to rest people to prevent injury risk but it's history now - just have to get on. Can't wait to have him back!
    Not like Jurgen was to know the ref would let them kick the crap out of our lads was it, i thought he wanted to win like he does every game and give Jota more minutes with Mo

It's pretty funny here how people who regularly bash our players assume i'm doing the same when offering critique i got lots of crap accusing me of bashing Jota after the UAE FC game and what i was saying was nothing of the sort

Calling what i viewed as a poor tactical when UAE FC were there for the taking by moving Mane to left mid where he hasn't played and away from a CB new to the league he had on toast and leaving Jota, who i watched in several full games for 2 seasons up top when it was Mane's pace power directness and runs in behind their CB was really struggling against and Jota having spent 60-70% of most Wolves games occupying a LM/LAM position in their set up playing on the counter a lot, so obviously being a lot more experienced practiced and familai with playing the position and role the switch required than Mane was somehow me slagging Jota off

Hopefully back soon

Rumoured to be available for the Chelsea game so quite simply put him in for Bobby and comfortably win that and all our other remaining games including the Champions League again, really looking forward to it