Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1417181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Jota

I thought he played well , some of his link up play was really good but just has to improve his finishing which one doubt will come in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Main thing for me is to keep him fit and to re-ignite his killer instinct for April.

The Champion's League is a strange Beast of a tournament and sometimes it's one really clinical half of Football that can win you a two-legged tie. Jota tore Atalanta apart and a fit-and-firing Diogo could be the difference between progression and not.
    very true Can see a lot of changes Monday night Milner/Jones/Origi/Bobby (if fit)/Kieta starting etc etc
    Jotta defo needs to be nurtured now for key battles ahead
    You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

Going to need a few games to get up to speed, thought he was lively but touch, decision making, final ball and finishing were awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ohcampione View Post
    very true Can see a lot of changes Monday night Milner/Jones/Origi/Bobby (if fit)/Kieta starting etc etc
    Jotta defo needs to be nurtured now for key battles ahead
    No changes needed, we don't play again until Monday evening and after the game v Wolves we have 2 weeks off

Part of the reason we lost form was we had to keep making changes, changing things when we don't have to after an excellent win and performance would be absolutely mental
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No changes needed, we don't play again until Monday evening and after the game v Wolves we have 2 weeks off

Part of the reason we lost form was we had to keep making changes, changing things when we don't have to after an excellent win and performance would be absolutely mental
    okay understand your post.
    Can I ask the question then why our passing was crisp tonight unlike last Sunday and previous 6 or 7 matches. Was like watching a game in slow motion Sunday compared to speed of passing tonight. Wynaldum was rolling passes Sunday and tonight totally different. Dont use the Fabinho to midfield as an example please. Energy levels were higher as well tonight just like 1st leg but can't show it against the Burnley/Brighton/Blueshite/Fulham.

okay understand your post.
    Can I ask the question then why our passing was crisp tonight unlike last Sunday and previous 6 or 7 matches. Was like watching a game in slow motion Sunday compared to speed of passing tonight. Wynaldum was rolling passes Sunday and tonight totally different. Dont use the Fabinho to midfield as an example please. Energy levels were higher as well tonight just like 1st leg but can't show it against the Burnley/Brighton/Blueshite/Fulham.
    Different set up, deeper line, full backs timing their runs from deeper to arrive in space rather than one being played almost as a winger throughout, Jota's excellent movement, Jota and Mane interchanging between LFWD and No9, our press and counter press being focused in midfield and nicking it there rather than the final third, so when we won it, they have midfielders ahead of the ball and there are less players to try and play through

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Different set up, deeper line, full backs timing their runs from deeper to arrive in space rather than one being played almost as a winger throughout, Jota's excellent movement, Jota and Mane interchanging between LFWD and No9, our press and counter press being focused in midfield and nicking it there rather than the final third, so when we won it, they have midfielders ahead of the ball and there are less players to try and play through
    They had to chase game tonight but take into account Chelsea game they didn't sit back and yet we were lethargic in our play for 90 mins. Think we have enough to go far in this competition but do you think we should put a lot of energy in chasing top 4 still in PL to qualify for CL or finish 5th or 6th to play thursday football. We have a lot of ground to make up and relying on results going our way at this stage to finish top 4. Want to win every game we play whether its pre season or carabo cup but game/player management is important now more than ever especially with a International Break which just brings its own problems with players

They had to chase game tonight but take into account Chelsea game they didn't sit back and yet we were lethargic in our play for 90 mins. Think we have enough to go far in this competition but do you think we should put a lot of energy in chasing top 4 still in PL to qualify for CL or finish 5th or 6th to play thursday football. We have a lot of ground to make up and relying on results going our way at this stage to finish top 4. Want to win every game we play whether its pre season or carabo cup but game/player management is important now more than ever especially with a International Break which just brings its own problems with players
    The lads need rhythm through some continuity of selection and restoration of a lot of the automation and triggers for movement and more confidence from winning more games. The triggers for runs and movement might not be the same as i listed, they may vary and when there's time to work on the training pitch Jurgen may very well tweak them for different opponents, there were very encouraging signs in tonights game there has been some work on the automation and triggers already, not the same ones either, opposition specific, we looked like a Klopp Liverpool team. We want to win this competition and we can't just wrap the lads up in cotton wool and bring them out of their box for Champions League games to achieve that

In absolutely predatory form right now. A couple more months of this would be insanely helpful if he can muster it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Sitting on the bench busting too come on. Now that's what we want from a sub.