Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Jota

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Because they make up the best front 3 in world football ?
    pffff easily replaced with a 40m younger player and FSG can run to the bank

Jota is already being groomed in to take over someones place, why do you think we spent 40m!!

FSG loving life

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Because they make up the best front 3 in world football ?
    So were Pele, Coutinho and Pepe, but they too got old at some point. They'll need replacing and I prefer to still get a good 120-150m for Salah and Mane when we inevitably lose them at some point, even if it means another team still gets a good season or two out of them. Of course, only sell them to foreign clubs.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    pffff easily replaced with a 40m younger player and FSG can run to the bank

Jota is already being groomed in to take over someones place, why do you think we spent 40m!!

FSG loving life
    None of the front three cost us more than 45m...
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    None of the front three cost us more than 45m...
    Exactly- but doesn't mean we can find the same quality at the same price does it?

It's not that easy, doesn't mean they'll be anywhere near as good- or settle etc etc

Coutinho best 3 in the world? you drunk?

"Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Because they make up the best front 3 in world football "

?
    So were Pele, Coutinho and Pepe,

I think Jota is a brilliant signing and will prove so over time. Makes incisive runs, can play anywhere along the front three and has impressive work rate to make him very effective pressing from the front. Werner would also have been a great purchase but don't think he would have had the patience required to deal with being second choice for a season or two, due to his higher status in the football World.

Like all signings - nobody really knows what will happen - but he looks a very - very astute capture indeed. 10/10 IMO..

So were Pele, Coutinho and Pepe, but they too got old at some point. They'll need replacing and I prefer to still get a good 120-150m for Salah and Mane when we inevitably lose them at some point, even if it means another team still gets a good season or two out of them. Of course, only sell them to foreign clubs.
    Then keep them and we get the best out of them. The money people at the club are being very shrewd at the minute. Theyre Giving off vibes that we have no money and quite rightly considering the world at the minute. But while we're winning on the pitch the money will keep rolling in off it.
    I'd keep the main 3 as long as possible and rotate with one or two other younger players.
    For me that's why we've went for Jota.

Why is it a bad thing that we'll sell one of the three amigos next year?
    Because they are 3 of the best players in the world and I'd be gutted to see any of them go. It's all evolution though (or revolution if we are going off my Beatles-ometer). Lolzness.

Why won’t anyone listen?? Get Jeremy Doku and we’re sorted for 10 years after Sadio finishes

We've acquired a player who can potentially "replace" one of the front three ahead of time of he develops and have done so at a reasonable price given the market these last few years. It's a great move and if we time the sale of one of the front three properly, we'll definitely be in a position to continue such upgrading.

Our decision-making is great. Look at the squad started with, look where we are now.