Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping Ole at the wheel

Early doors but City look like they are going to be very difficult to finish above again this season.
    Our midfield needs a complete overhaul, I know we all want another forward but we haven’t exactly struggled to score this season, apart from against Chelsea’s rearguard action at Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Early doors but City look like they are going to be very difficult to finish above again this season.
    Our midfield needs a complete overhaul, I know we all want another forward but we haven’t exactly struggled to score this season, apart from against Chelsea’s rearguard action at Anfield.
    We need Bissouma really, a player who is very good in the press and counter press, who is an actual midfielder who reads the game very well and can play the controller role or at No6, it would make all the difference

Jurgen's tactics at breaking Chelsea down left A LOT to be desired, an entire 50 minutes of keeping Mo wide right with Trent lurking inside behind him and never once deviating from that made defending for an entire half with 10 men incredibly easy for them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

They should give him a 10 year deal, super sub Ole, always happy to settle for being second best as a player and simply doesn't inspire a group of players who a proper experienced manager could whip into a very good outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They should give him a 10 year deal, super sub Ole, always happy to settle for being second best as a player and simply doesn't inspire a group of players who a proper experienced manager could whip into a very good outfit
    Can foresee it becoming a bit like the England job rotation. With England, it's a foreign, tactical Manager then when it doesn't work out, get an English, steady-Eddie "yes man" in.

With Man United it will be someone meek who those at the top feel they can control (Moyes, Solskjaer) broken up by Johnny Foreigner who does things their way regardless (Van Gaal, Mourinho).

They have a decent enough side that someone (Conte?) could get a tune out of for a season or two, before an inevitable burn-out, forcing them to get in someone who "understands the club" for a bit afterwards when they start whining about their team not being pacey wingers and youngsters.

The predictability of it would be rather boring if their current stagnation didn't provide so many wry chuckles at their false dawns.

There's only Fernandes who would improve our first team from their squad. Most of the others are overpriced overpaid and overrated. If they win nothing again this season, Solskjaer will be out. Then the recycling of players will begin again, don't you just love it.

Utd have been absolutely dire in the first half, should be at least 2 down at home to Villarreal

This is bad

Playing Pogba and Bruno together at least u can see them releasing 20-30 super magic eye catching I wanne be super star passing ended up with nothing. It's so bad 🤣

It’s pretty much always happened that way. Even when they are as utterly woeful as tonight and the opposition should be out of sight, they somehow manage to scrape the most undeserved of victories.
    Always been that way and still is.

Late late Ronaldo winner at Old Toilet, fantastic for keeping Ole at the wheel, they were absolute shite and ROnaldo was invisible for almost the entire game, then in the 95th minutes a poor across is put back in his direction, Lingard gets a touch on it to Ronaldo before falling over and blocking the keepers line of sight and obstructing him to prevent him saving Ronaldo's relatively tame late effort

Not how you'll see it reported by Sky and the rest of the media, but mine's an accurate summary of the goal, still, such little moments that will get massively overhyped by our media will keep Ole at the wheel, so all good in my book