Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping Ole at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Why does he want him to get the Spurs game ?. Surely he won't be expecting 3 points there.
    To deny us the scalp of another Utd manager? Or hoping that the new manager bounce will kick in against City?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    No but Ole does tend to pick up some big results and there is nothing to stop United winning at Spurs.

The issues are easy to see you have two pricks running the dressing room CR and Pogba and Souness got battered when he slagged Pogba off too.

The other is Ole just isnt good enough he managed Molde and barely a year at Cardiff then lands the United job.

Conte would improve their shape and organisation straight away but he will also upset some of them too he doesnt f**k about.
    Think he needs to beat spurs, atalanta and get a draw or narrow loss v City.
    Otherwise he might be gone during the international break.

Pogbas a huge issue for them imo, so are their bunch of forwards who are just downright lazy.

Guess they'll be looking at zz as well, knows how to setup a side with Ronaldo and he might get pogba on board for a short while.

Still hard to believe they spent £80 million on Harry Maguire.

I was told he was a “Rolls Royce of a player” by a United fan dad at my sons footy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I was told he was a “Rolls Royce of a player” by a United fan dad at my sons footy team.
    Maybe he meant thats what they should have paid for him, the price of a Rolls Royce.

Has he gone yet ? Can't believe he's still here.
    Leeds fans singing Ole's at the wheel !!
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Although just 19 years old now, it is an absolute insult to the lad to compare Gravenberch to Pogba in any way shape of form, the lad's miles better in every way and works his bollocks off too and I for one really hope for a double midfield signing of Gravenberch and Bellingham before the start of next season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Why does he want him to get the Spurs game ?. Surely he won't be expecting 3 points there.
    Probably to stop us claiming another filthy manager's scalp

They can't even use the new and much welcome directive on going down far too easy looking for fouls and there needing to be actual meaningful contact as an excuse either, they did loads of that, it looked like they spent an awful lot of time in training practicing that instead of playing football to be perfectly frank, but Grealish was the worst offender for that in the entire league and he's been doing alright since the change

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    To deny us the scalp of another Utd manager? Or hoping that the new manager bounce will kick in against City?
    I think Old Fergie suffers somewhat from a lack of self awareness to be honest, although he had Gill terrorising and relegating any official who awarded correct decisions that offended him by costing them points for 3 or 4 seasons, and although officials like Clattenberg and others have come out very openly and said they did favour them (The filthy) and were harsh in their decision making against their fiercest rivals, I honestly don't think Fergie understands that although he did put together some very good sides, him being their manager really did benefit them to the tune of 9-15 points a season and also the decisions they received in domestic cups games and with misconduct and suspension.

He needs a bit of a reality check, football has changed an awful lot and for the better since he was a manager, it doesn't matter if he has Mike Riley his man in the referees association and many in the FA and Premier League who would still, if they could, make sure the mantra he instilled in them of "When United do well, we all do all" to be the beneficiary of at least 2 decades of highly preferential treatment.

The Premier League doesn't need any club to be constantly doing well, clubs have their spell at the top, another club or clubs will emerge and have their spell and the market mechanisms of worldwide broadcasting and new fans following the new next best thing as so many do will only serve to increase the number of millions worldwide who follow the Premier League, it's how it works AND that is a huge part of what makes the Premier League THE most exciting and financially lucrative league in world football, it is the nature of new teams and managers and different styles of play, more exciting style of play evolving and the level of competition throughout the top six to eight clubs that makes it so lucrative

English football including the national team and the Premier League suffer from making strenuous attempts to prop one side up at the top of the pile for 20 years, they do worse from propping one side up, from not letting the natural and inevitable market mechanisms run their course - They need to find, they undoubtedly all already know who they are, all of those within all the organisations who are still fooled and seduced by Fergie's old mantra and remove them

'When there is fair and even competition for all teams to do as well as they can on their own merits, we all do well' is actually a correct mantra that The refs association, The FA and The Premier League should follow and appear to have been following so far this season, it makes the Premier League a better product, it's better for the English national team and it is more lucrative for all concerned, and best of all, it's honest