Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping Ole at the wheel

Fergie seems to still have huge influence and the very fact he's still backing Ole, add in him help bring Ronaldo back is making him look like an old fool. As 19x more or less says, it's payback time !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

'When there is fair and even competition for all teams to do as well as they can on their own merits, we all do well' is actually a correct mantra that The refs association, The FA and The Premier League should follow and appear to have been following so far this season, it makes the Premier League a better product, it's better for the English national team and it is more lucrative for all concerned, and best of all, it's honest
    LOL
    No corruption or bias whatsoever!?

To be honest, I somehow feel happy to see Chelsea and Man city to get rich, I really hate those SAF monopoly EPL time, everyone have to listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    LOL
    No corruption or bias whatsoever!?
    There was a considerable amount last season, we all know that, I still think our owners were seen as the ring leaders of the proposed ESL and that's why we got it so bad, but they seem to have been very very good this season across the board, in all honesty we got away with 2 v City I was astonished they didn't give, I thought Ronaldo's and Maguire's a OT were both reds, but giving a yellow for something that was arguably a red or not giving a second yellow against a team at home, well, I think we're always going to get a bit of that.

The FA want the national side to do very well, for that to happen they have taken considerable steps this season in my opinion, they've stopped giving the numerous soft free kicks that should never be a foul every game to stop the players diving all over the place - They've stopped the bias in reffing and VAR on the evidence so far, I can handle them not sending off Maguire and Ronaldo at their home ground when both were debatable to some degree, that's only home fan bias, which we got the benefit of v City, and I wish Pogba hadn't lamped Naby, because it ruined the game.

It is also in the best interests of the national side for there not to be bias that adversely effects the aspirations of sides in which national team players are aspiring to get European football, or playing in European football, Rice is one benefitting from that playing European football this season for example
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    To be honest, I somehow feel happy to see Chelsea and Man city to get rich, I really hate those SAF monopoly EPL time, everyone have to listen to him.
    Mmmm......depending on us, it may not be too long before we see a decade where all 10 League titles are shared between those 2 clubs.

As much as there's an upside to there being a couple of obstacles to their lot winning League titles (which gives us time to prepare an assault on equalling the 20-times record and then hopefully going out in front again) we don't want to find ourselves getting 97-points and it not being enough again, particularly post-Klopp.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    That is the negative way of looking at it.

Without them having all that money we probably have 2-3 more titles.

Yeah it was sh*t seeing them win everything but as we now know Ferguson held them together so this would be our turn with Klopp instead we have these 2 soon to be 3 pricks buying trophies.

Yep 3 now - Newcastle will be winning titles before you know it.

West Ham having money chucked at them too
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep 3 now - Newcastle will be winning titles before you know it.
    As long as we're also winning things I don't see the problem. It's not as if we're expected to win everything every year. No one can do that.
    Just enjoy the ride we're on st the minute and who knows what tomorrow brings.

Newcastle will have the same problem has anyone else. Like Man-united for instance. they still gotta win games ON the pitch..The top 10 teams of this league are very strong even teams below cause issues for the top clubs. If Newcastle can beat Man-city Liverpool Chelsea home and anyway and win other matches. then they will be rightly considered a challenger. its easy saying it than doing it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century