Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Keeping Ole at the wheel

21% of Man Utd's home defeats in PL history have come under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Realistically speaking, who is even in the market right now they could target to be their next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by buck3y3nut View Post
    Realistically speaking, who is even in the market right now they could target to be their next manager?
    They could take ANY EPL manager and they'd be better off !

Hopefully this idiot stays abit longer yet.

Zidane I suppose?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I don't think Zidane leaves RM. Would Crynaldo work with any other manager from EPL, say Graham Potter? Long may Ole continue to be at the wheel!

My friend who's a Manc gloated when they signed Sancho and Ronaldo. From what I've seen of Sancho so far, is it too early to consider him a flop?

I don't think there's any need for them to do anything drastic, he's only 9 points off top spot and has the firepower in his forwards to make sure they get top four, they should take their time over this and give Ole the rest of the season and appoint a new man in the summer if Ole's no nearer or slips back significantly from where they finished last season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I get the feeling from Ronaldo's body language that he likes to show that he is dragging the team along, and also telling other players how and where to play. Think he definitely fancies himself as a manager. I remember him adopting the touchline managerial mode when he had to go off for Portugal in that eurofinal.
    You have to say that if he asked for the job he would probably get it.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I get the feeling from Ronaldo's body language that he likes to show that he is dragging the team along, and also telling other players how and where to play. Think he definitely fancies himself as a manager. I remember him adopting the touchline managerial mode when he had to go off for Portugal in that eurofinal.
    You have to say that if he asked for the job he would probably get it.
    good call

Ronaldo getting the job would be absolutely brilliant viewing

I don't think Zidane leaves RM. Would Crynaldo work with any other manager from EPL, say Graham Potter? Long may Ole continue to be at the wheel!

My friend who's a Manc gloated when they signed Sancho and Ronaldo. From what I've seen of Sancho so far, is it too early to consider him a flop?
    He's a flop in their system (...which isn't even a system at all).
    The lad has talent.
    If you've seen him play at Borussia (where they had a system that was well suited to what he does well), you'd know this.

Sancho is a perfect example of that age old "rich club" disease of,.... 'see a player with talent, and pay bucketloads of money to get him and shove him into your team regardless of whether their skills actually work with your system or not. Even if it's just to prevent your rivals from getting him.'

See : Barca with Coutinho, and now PSG with Gini.

The players themselves should of course take responsibility. At least Gini's getting paid a mint to warm that PSG bench, so he got (part of) what he wanted.

Sancho would have worked great in our system if he'd come to us since obviously Klopp's system is suited to wide players who have skill, and reports were that he was actually wanting to come to us instead of United, which is what might have prompted the Mancs to get him.
    I kind of feel sorry for him because the reporting was that he was wanting to come back to England to play in the Premier league because he believed it would help his National team prospects.
    Ironically, landing at the Mancs now seems to have sunk those chances if Southgate's latest snub is anything to go by given his limited playing time at United.
    One has to wonder if he'd been better served staying at Dortmund another year, feeding Haaland those assists before deciding to make the jump (even to a club like Arsenal who seem to have stabilized in the last coupled of weeks).
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 6th November 2021 at 08:47 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!