Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping Ole at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Goal scorer. Absolute goal machine. If you want to be serial winners - you need one of these.
    I’d have taken Luis back. He’s that kind of player that will get you goals and has the right winning mentality. Regardless of what he’s done against us, still one of my all time favourite strikers

I will happily stick with Jota if he scores regular.. which is has done so far. I wouldnt take Suarez back. the whole thing would be about him again. He would play act all the time.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I'm glad city didn't get him.

Their possession and chance creation only seems to end with goals against weak teams
    They dominated psg and yet....

Ronaldo will probably be like Zlatan and grab them 25-30 goals.

Their issue will be against the big teams if they give them 5-6 clear shots at goal you’d expect a PSG/City/Bayern to score two of them at least.

As Steveo says though he is pretty much nailed on to score goals just like Kane is but if you have an ok defence and poor midfield you aren’t going to challenge for the big trophies we had that under Brendan with Suarez/Sterling/Sturridge/Coutinho but our defence, midfield and GK weren’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    I'm glad city didn't get him.

Their possession and chance creation only seems to end with goals against weak teams
    They dominated psg and yet....
    Watching the highlights City would have beaten them last season with their old keeper, a couple of the chances City had would definitely have seen him beaten, Donnarumma made sure that didn't happen, with 2 or 3 brilliant saves
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Yep. It’s hard to believe everyone can see it bad the people in charge at united. If you were trying to slow their progress you couldn’t plan it better.
    You only have to look at Pogba for France and Juve and Sancho for Dortmund and see the difference in their levels at the filthy to know Ole is not a manager who inspires players and has the capability to get the very best out of them

They just don't look like they've been coached in a coherent way. Who does the coaching at old trafford actually.? Would you say that good coaching is just about having good tactical understanding and developing drills accordingly,or is individual man management a part of that.
    Whenever I look on line at Liverpool train sessions, where cameras are given access, they seem to put a lot of emphasis on rondos and do it a lot. I think for many clubs that kind of training is a bit of light relief at the end of a session, but for us you can see it is a huge integral part of the game we bring to the pitch. we are able to keep possession in tight areas and suffocate teams in their own half.

ANother fine result to keep Ole at the wheel for another 5 seasons today

At this rate Ole could scupper Klopps move to barca

Ronaldo is the great problem of Ole now, I guess Ole is the last person who want Ronaldo to be in the squad.

1) U can not build a team with 34 and 36 yrs old striker.
    2) Man U wasn't looking for the striker until Man city approach him, they have plenty of young talented strikers and Cavani.
    3) How can Ole manage Ronaldo, he is not Klopp. He need to make Ronaldo happy, and his fans happy.
    4) Ronaldo play the pressing game at his age, consider EPL need a high pressing start from the strikers, whole team slow down.
    5) Salary structure, 500k/week, players play Pogba will request at this rate if he sign extension.

In short, Ronaldo is a short term solution which create more problem for him to find solution.