Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thiago analogy

How was it class in any way shape of form???????

you've lost it if that was gomez...... jeeze

I don't even think it was a penalty but still don't run in from behind in the box, it's only going to end in tears

Thiago is class, i'm not saying otherwise hence no big deal but there's always things you can pick on, and I thought sometimes he was a little clumsy in the challenge in my view, but like I said debut probably trying hard as he can which isn't a bad thing.

He's not going to let you suck his dick

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Should it of been a penalty against him? It looked like Werner tripped himself over.
    It was never a pen Ian, Thiago did the seasoned pros trick of doing enough to put the player off, get in his way and break his momentum without committing any foul, Werner dived and the ref bought it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    How was it class in any way shape of form???????

you've lost it if that was gomez...... jeeze

I don't even think it was a penalty but still don't run in from behind in the box, it's only going to end in tears

Thiago is class, i'm not saying otherwise hence no big deal but there's always things you can pick on, and I thought sometimes he was a little clumsy in the challenge in my view.

He's not going to let you suck his dick
    The point being he didn't run into him at all, he made sure he didn't. It reminded me of Hendo's absolutely world class tackle on Valencia v the filthy that way, slid in down the side of him and as his foot got in front of the ball when the filthy player was pulling the trigger turned his foot out to block the shot without touching the player at all, their lad throws himself to ground and rolls about it, Whiskey face was their manager with Gill balls deep in the FA and refs association, so they get a pen
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Should it of been a penalty against him? It looked like Werner tripped himself over.
    My initial thoughts, not seen it back yet

Its on sky sports youtube. I think he very slightly brushes his leg. As 19 says he put himself just enough in his space to put him off. He takes another step after the contact but the ball runs slightly away to make the shot more difficult so he goes to ground. He bought the pen really. The ref fell for it. On the soft side but seen plenty given.

Its greatvto have that player that rather than shits themselves when pressed can use it as an advantage to play disguised passes through the lines or use some skill to take players out of the game. The little shimmy to completely baffle jorgino and the top spin cross looking for sslah in behind that was over hit. I love players who can do this sort of thing. Xavi like.

Genuinely feel as though we have signed someone in the same bracket as Alonso. So excited to see this guy just sit and pass the ball about the pitch. I have the same feelings I got with the signing of Xabi; the only difference is that we ALREADY know about his quality, where as Xabi came with a bit more developing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSalmon View Post
    Genuinely feel as though we have signed someone in the same bracket as Alonso. So excited to see this guy just sit and pass the ball about the pitch. I have the same feelings I got with the signing of Xabi; the only difference is that we ALREADY know about his quality, where as Xabi came with a bit more developing to do.
    It's like when Xabi signed for Bayern. Thiago has won the lot. He will have to adjust to the Premier league and the fact that players don't care who you are...they will have a pop - but his technique is on another level to anything for us now. IF he is utilised properly - we have the ability to completely change our game - a scary thought for opposition teams when you consider how good we already are. I was poop scared he would end up down the East lancs road...

I feel a lot better about playing the Arse now with a bit of swagger. They've tried to climb on their perch a bit, but we should show them who's boss next week.
    Oh, and yes, Thiago starts that game, Fab as CB
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    I feel a lot better about playing the Arse now with a bit of swagger. They've tried to climb on their perch a bit, but we should show them who's boss next week.
    Oh, and yes, Thiago starts that game, Fab as CB
    We'll blow em away like we did under Rodgers in 2014. They have beaten a team that already doesn't look good enough to stay up, then struggled to beat West Ham. We are a totally different proposition to those two, and they'll know that when we've seen them off.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.