Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thiago analogy

Maybe he'll bring something different to the team. i must have put the curse on Robertson when i named him POTY, because he has not been the same player since, Trent likewise on the other side.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Think he looks great, had the most interceptions pass's etc duels won etc v utd

not just the stats was very impressed with him in general, didn't think his defensive work was that good

about time we had some actual quality in midfield

It seemed to work ok for Bayern, with the amount of time teams give us the ball there's worse footballers in the world to have pulling the strings.

I think it's way to early to make any judgements. Just interesting with Hamann as I'm sure he would have watched him plenty. But as many have said, he is known to contradict himself. His passing is class, so if the front men keep making runs he will find them.

Thiago is sheer unadulterated class and exactly the type of player we needed, i can't wait to see him have a run of games with Hendo and Gini, he presses and reads the game superbly and crucially has that extra creativity we've been so desperate for, especially Noods
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Ah, Thiago, what a player.

I know he didn't get away with it last night, but he has a level of cynicism in his play that I quite like.

We are "too nice" at times and whilst I wouldn't want a total thug in the side, he has shown the capacity to get away with a couple before he gets a yellow - reminds me of a certain nullifier of counter-attacks that plays for City in that regard.

He does try some questionable challenges and WILL get a red card under us at some stage, but his understanding of the graft and capacity to do a little dirty work is welcome - communicates with the ref as well - again, I don't want us surrounding refs a la the red Mancs, but a willingness to get in their ear a bit over handball shouts etc is a good thing to have.

More importantly though, his contribution in possession, mixing up the attack by picking different passes and the awareness is just fantastic. He was a big part of us working moves a little more and you can see us getting more options via him supplying a penetrating pass to a runner, rather than us crossing it a little too often (which we fell into for a bit there I felt, on the eye test) and it's a delight to see.

With luck he can contribute next season in a set-up that is less plagued by injury and we can see him at his fullest capacity.

Totally agree Sid.

He definitely likes to leave a foot in now and then.
    Did Hojberg get a yellow card? He must have committed about 8 fouls lasnite.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He definitely likes to leave a foot in now and then.
    Did Hojberg get a yellow card? He must have committed about 8 fouls lasnite.
    That Hojberg is a dirty wee fucker !! A player you hate to play against but would like if he was in your team. Just like Suarez.

Klopp said after the game Thiago can play alot better as he's had it hard since his move . From arriving late , to illness then injury.