Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Thiago analogy

He got booked for fuck all last night.. The spurs player ran into him. Thiago wasnt even looking at the Tottenham player when the contact was made.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

On the bench today.
    Needed to take a step away for a game or two.

After that start of immense confidence has come a kind of Ray sideways slow the play down Wilkins type player.

Possibly he needs a bit of time to adapt to the physicality and direct way to play in English football.

Even if one of the best midfielders in the world.

He has noticeably tried to be more physical in the battle.

But what he must learn is to get the ball flowing and forward as much as possible.

But you dont change in being a world class player.
    I bet he will admit the adaptation to EPL is bigger than he thought it would be.

I've seen enough.
    It's a NO from me.

Did they send the right Thiago?? This one’s crap.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Did they send the right Thiago?? This one’s crap.
    Bayern got rid and replaced him in the squad with that young exciting English /German player Jamal Musiala.

If you're playing him alongside useless team mates in midfield, there is only so much he can do on his own.

Only midfielder that nearly score/create something in fairness

Fabinho manages to look good in there, as does Henderson and Milner for an hour or so. He came with a huge reputation and a £200k a week salary. Not seen anything to warrant either the reputation or salary.

Hes a class player, just not for us. Struggling to think of a bigger disappointment than him in terms of the expectation level when they arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Hes a class player, just not for us. Struggling to think of a bigger disappointment than him in terms of the expectation level when they arrived.
    Correct - class player in a difficult year - playing in a Liverpool side minus Virgil - so many have looked poor or ordinary - no bonding due to Coronavirus and no fans.

Biggest disappointment - perhaps he is - but Keita has also been a gigantic flop. So much so I have asked genuinely if he is a ringer