Page 1 of 36 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Great assist haul from both our full backs this season, great improvements defensively by both too, but moving forward and the team and our play evolving further I'm backing both and especially Robbo to start regularly chipping in with goals.

More Robbo than Trent because of how we play and on Robbo's side the channel between full back and centre back or 3 centre back frequently gets opened up for him to have to the option to play the ball in behind the centre backs, send in a short cross, burst through the gap with the ball, or take one touch out of his feet and absolutely smash a low drive into either corner of the net. I can see Robbo bettering this season's assists tally and scoring at least 5 goals next season, maybe even as many as 10.

I hope he starts practicing shooting from that position after training as many players stay behind a while longer practicing certain things. He has an absolute pile driver of a shot on him, If he practices shooting from that area, low and hard into either corner, I'm certain he can add more goals to his game and take his play up a few notches more as with that ability will also come different decisions to make, require increased awareness of what's on as to which option he chooses, such a talented lad, absolutely one of THE best left backs in world football right now, if not the best and he's about to get a whole lot better.

For Trent it's a little different, how we play means he won't have as many shooting opportunities through the channel as will present themselves for Robbo, his shooting technique is also more side foot, dropped toe curler, whereas Robbo's is over the ball, top of the foot, blast straight through it. I still feel there is a lot more to come from Trent too and which will be great development for his game if he is to move forward into midfield later in his career. His crossing from the right is brilliant. I still feel he can develop his crossing from a bit deeper wide right to whip in the same type of ball Hendo does from inside right, over the centre back, dipping towards the far post area and I'm sure he will.

Where I think Trent's play will develop further is in situations in which Salah and Hendo are wide right, occupying full back and centre back and opening the channels, I think as things progress, in these situations Trent will learn to come forward in field into the inside right position Hendo often finds himself and deliver that same cross from there Hendo does so well but also, again with the right decision making, deliver the same slide rule balls through the channels and notch up a few goals by absolutely rifling shots into the bottom or top right hand corner from there.

So much ahead to look forward to, a Champions League final, 3 or 4 top quality new additions and Robbo and Trent getting even better and adding these elements to their already excellent play next season, or perhaps Robbo might even drill one into the bottom corner in the Champions League final? He's due one, it's been coming, might have had one in his last 2 games, maybe in Madrid it will be third time lucky
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 13th May 2019 at 08:07 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm certain they'll be even better next season, adding more assists and adding goals to their games, but WHAT a season both have had so far......

Trent broke the Premier League record for assists from full backs
    Robbo broke the Premier League record for assists from full backs from open play

I think the 3 Cm's will stay a little deeper at times in games when the full backs get ahead of them, which will give us a front 5 with our fullbacks creativity and goalscoring potential

Allisson

Matip_____Van Dijk

Fabinho
    Henderson________Keita/Playmaker

Trent______Bobby______Robertson

_____Salah__________Mane_____

Think it will do this quite a lot

Allisson

Matip_____Van Dijk

Fabinho

_____Trent__Bobby______Robertson

Salah__________Mane__________

And this

Allisson

Matip_____Van Dijk

Fabinho

Trent_____________Robertson_____

_____Salah__Bobby_________Mane

Come on Robbo

Hope they've been practising their penalties. They'll definitely both be picked if it comes to that

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    Hope they've been practising their penalties. They'll definitely both be picked if it comes to that
    I don't see it going past 90 minutes

Hope they've been practicing their shooting, particularly Robbo, in his last 3 games he was getting into and inside left position and had 3 very good efforts, except for he didn't put them in either corner and they were a good height for the keeper, he certainly hit them well enough, I hope Robbo's been practising smashing them into either bottom corner or high into the top left corner.

I really fancy Robbo to score on Saturday, I think Mane and Trippier is a good area to try and exploit, any Spurs fan will tell you that while he's a danger going forward, something we'll have to watch, he can be got at defensively, Spurs players know that too, so Alderweireld will always having to be looking to be on the cover, if Mane takes Trippier to the line a few times, which i'm sure Mane will, you can expect Alderweireld to be coming over outside the near post area, which sets it up perfectly for the ball to go back to Robbo in that inside left position and drill one home

A nice piece on Robbo from the BBC....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48413180
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

That bottom right corner looks good against Lloris Robbo