Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Thiago analogy

I expected more myself, he's definitely a player who grabs a game and wins it on his own. No doubt he expected to be playing along side Hendo, which would've made a huge difference.
    As Miller says Gini is on the plane to Barca already.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Correct - class player in a difficult year - playing in a Liverpool side minus Virgil - so many have looked poor or ordinary - no bonding due to Coronavirus and no fans.

Biggest disappointment - perhaps he is - but Keita has also been a gigantic flop. So much so I have asked genuinely if he is a ringer
    I'll reserve judgement until next season when things are hopefully back to normal and we've signed a midfielder who may compliment him? Too early to write off completely but I'm not hopeful.
    Ians just being dead nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I expected more myself, he's definitely a player who grabs a game and wins it on his own. No doubt he expected to be playing along side Hendo, which would've made a huge difference.
    As Miller says Gini is on the plane to Barca already.
    Wijnaldum checked out months ago. Thats always the issue with letting players run contracts down. The club is as much to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'll reserve judgement until next season when things are hopefully back to normal and we've signed a midfielder who may compliment him? Too early to write off completely but I'm not hopeful.
    Ians just being dead nasty.
    I've had enough !!

He's largely been utter gash since he arrived. As others have said, I just don't think he is suited to the pace and intensity of the PL. He also can't tackle for **** either. A bit like Scholes, but without the actual good bits of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Wijnaldum checked out months ago. Thats always the issue with letting players run contracts down. The club is as much to blame.
    FSG said a while back that they were putting off negotiating new contracts as a result of Covid. Yet another excuse from them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    FSG said a while back that they were putting off negotiating new contracts as a result of Covid. Yet another excuse from them.
    More like the shitter league!

Some wonderful vertical passed today.

Really want to see him if/as/when we are functioning again next season.

I thought Thiago was very good today, quite sure we'd have kept the ball a lot better had he not been replaced by Jones and would likely have got all 3 points today

I still think he will be a great player for us, this season isn't ideal for anyone, I do think he is the right player, I just think we needed a Fabian Ruiz type midfielder first and then to add a Thiago
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Thiago will finish this season never once having had the opportunity to play in a midfield 3 with Hendo and Gini, never mind a run of game

the Hendo and Gini combo has been our best by a mile, it has facilitated every single one of our midfielder who have played with those 2 playing to much higher levels and playing our press and counter press game as it is at its best

Whoever the midfielder is we bring in to replace Gini, I think we need to start the season with Hendo at No6 orchestrating the press and counter pressing to get them up to speed, I also believe that if Thiago had the opportunity to play in a midfield 3 with Hendo and Gini he'd have quickly got into our press and counter press and in that he'd have got A LOT of opportunities in which he got the ball in positions higher up with the opportunity to play our forwards or full backs in
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”