Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Thiago analogy

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We dont really have time.. Klopp only has 3 years left.. we need to get it right now. Its a big call on Thiago. he scares me to death when he gets caught all the time. trying to be fancy..

Agree - it doesn’t look great but he is used to playing with much better players or in a league where his team was heads and shoulders better than the opposition. It will take a bit of time. He isn’t Luka Modric level but he is class.

Took his goal well last night.

Give him time ? Poor Ricky Lambert wasn't given that 😆😆

I think he's improved, it would be a great help to him to have had a run of games with Hendo at No6 and Gini at LCM, but, from how he has been used to playing, I personally think he's made great strides in using his range and passing ability better, playing the ball earlier, playing switches to find Robbo and he's even adjusted his technique he uses to play those passes, making them easier to control and less whippy and flighty

It's important to the team as a whole to have a solid base, with a solid base with continuity in defence and with Gini and Hendo for company in midfield, who have facilitated every single other midfielder we have playing to higher levels because of how well they understand each other and how much they help and support them, Thiago would have faired a lot better this season

I'm hopeful the links and alleged numerous contact about Rodrigo De Paul comes to fruition, then we can offload a few and have De Paul and Thiago for our options at RCM, De Paul looks to me every inch the player we really needed to sign before we added a Thiago, to me he has absolutely everything we need and have been missing, I think signing him will be an absolute gamechanger for our midfield

I would send Jones on loan, he doesn't excite me as a prospect at all, he reminds me of Ray Wilkins, takes too many touches, slows things down too much, doesn't play balls when they're on, doesn't have the range of passing of switches, long diagonals attempted balls over the top or the more incisive creative through balls or short crosses we need in the final third and he isn't good in the press either, so really, I have no idea, apart from him being a Scouser what any of the noise about him is all about, he needs a season on loan to play a lot of games against men
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Give him time ? Poor Ricky Lambert wasn't given that 😆😆
    His first day was long enough bless him. Should have known his level and stayed where he was. The old Boyhood club dream proved too big a lure.

From Luis to Ricky in one summer.

A little like going from champions to the chumps we have been this season
    Last edited by Steveo; 9th May 2021 at 01:33 PM.

Our best 3 was Fabinho Henderson and Wijaldum last season.. It was our back 6 that won us the league.Back 4 and a strong midfield.. We had like 21 clean sheets (i think).
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The midfield could look entirely different next season. Wijnaldum off in the summer, Henderson turns 31 too. Keep getting linked with Bissouma. The midfield will be easier to replace than the forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Our best 3 was Fabinho Henderson and Wijaldum last season.. It was our back 6 that won us the league.Back 4 and a strong midfield.. We had like 21 clean sheets (i think).
    We didn't have a best 3, we had a best 2, Hendo and Gini with Hendo at No6, that run of games in Fabs absence was Klopp's system played to a miles higher level than we had ever played it before or have ever played it since and it didn't matter who we played at RCM in that 15 game run, Keita, Lallana, Ox, Millie, every single one them played the system to that same higher level, the most fundamental parts of that were the vastly superior level of our pressing and counter pressing and vastly superior distribution, awareness, leadership and vison from No6 from Hendo

It meant that with our high line, because they made the press and counter press virtually impenetrable, we could pin sides in like never before offering them virtually no outball whatsoever apart from attempted hopeful long hoofs over the top

P15 W15 Clean sheets 10 (TEN) and that would have been 11 clean sheets if that twat Atkinson hadn't let Donkey Dunk put his free kick into and unguarded net when Adrian was still lining up his wall after Alisson had been sent off v Brighton

Prior to that, with Fab at No6 our record was

P20 W17 D2 L1 Clean sheets 2 (TWO

only 2 clean sheets in 20 games and we went back to letting goals in and losing and drawing games when we reverted back to that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The 17 wins , 2 draws and 1 loss made up for it !!

In fairness to Thiago he has missed about 4 months football with Covid and the Brazilian thug.