Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Thiago analogy

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    In fairness to Thiago he has missed about 4 months football with Covid and the Brazilian thug.
    He has played enough games not to use those factors as an excuse. He hasn't been good enough. One goal and no assists is a record on par with the other midfield players.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He has played enough games not to use those factors as an excuse. He hasn't been good enough. One goal and no assists is a record on par with the other midfield players.
    Yes but he isnt that type of midfielder Modric/Alonso didnt score/assist many that isnt what we signed him for.

He needs to be given next season when hopefully we can put out a settled team instead of chopping & changing it.

We also need a few younger players to freshen up the squad and age profile.

Fans on other forums saying he and Fabinho “bossed” midfield. What game were they watching.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yes but he isnt that type of midfielder Modric/Alonso didnt score/assist many that isnt what we signed him for.

He needs to be given next season when hopefully we can put out a settled team instead of chopping & changing it.

We also need a few younger players to freshen up the squad and age profile.
    It's everyone's job to assist and score when in a position to do so, and Alonso got his fair share of goals here, and Modric has a decent record too.

We’ve had enough good midfielders over the years to know one when we see one and in Thiago I don’t see one.

And I thought Fabinho had a poor game by his standards.

We didn't have a best 3, we had a best 2, Hendo and Gini with Hendo at No6, that run of games in Fabs absence was Klopp's system played to a miles higher level than we had ever played it before or have ever played it since and it didn't matter who we played at RCM in that 15 game run, Keita, Lallana, Ox, Millie, every single one them played the system to that same higher level, the most fundamental parts of that were the vastly superior level of our pressing and counter pressing and vastly superior distribution, awareness, leadership and vison from No6 from Hendo

It meant that with our high line, because they made the press and counter press virtually impenetrable, we could pin sides in like never before offering them virtually no outball whatsoever apart from attempted hopeful long hoofs over the top

P15 W15 Clean sheets 10 (TEN) and that would have been 11 clean sheets if that twat Atkinson hadn't let Donkey Dunk put his free kick into and unguarded net when Adrian was still lining up his wall after Alisson had been sent off v Brighton

Prior to that, with Fab at No6 our record was

P20 W17 D2 L1 Clean sheets 2 (TWO

only 2 clean sheets in 20 games and we went back to letting goals in and losing and drawing games when we reverted back to that

Edit: AFTER Fab's return

P15 W8 D2 L5 clean sheets 4 FOUR

So, with Justme's alleged best midfield

P35 W25 D4 L6 Clean sheets SIX Not even title winning form

With mine

P15 W15 Clean sheets 10 TEN

Includes Premier League, Champions League and the 2 CWC games
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 9th May 2021 at 03:27 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We’ve had enough good midfielders over the years to know one when we see one and in Thiago I don’t see one.
    100% mate.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Our best 3 was Fabinho Henderson and Wijaldum last season.. It was our back 6 that won us the league.Back 4 and a strong midfield.. We had like 21 clean sheets (i think).
    I was going to say don't tell 19x but then the inevitable happened..............

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I was going to say don't tell 19x but then the inevitable happened..............
    Lol The stats however, tell a VERY different story, not normally a fella who uses stats to support things as they can be misleading, but win percentage and clean sheets aren't stats that do that, unless you're trying to use them to assert Gomez is a good defender that is
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”