Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thiago analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He used to regularly host barbecues for his team mates while at Bayern, just so he could say "Can you smell what the Thiago is cooking"
    buy a joke book

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    buy a joke book
    I don't need one, i can just watch either filthy team if i want a good laugh, i absolutely loathe all mancs, as a breed of people, they're truly special kinds of cunts
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Amidst the grey and overcast World that was a frustrating draw against Newcastle, Thiago absolutely illuminated everything around him in his brief cameo.

The way he receives the ball and dictates play is just a joy to watch. Trent, Salah, Mane, Robertson and Firmino would all be wise to make darting runs as soon as they are Thiago receive the ball, as he looks a dead cert to find somebody every time he picks it up.

He looked incredible, pity he’s not 26.

He looks absolute class.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He looks absolute class.
    been a while since we've had a top midfielder

Yes. Though we could still get a good four years out of him. Hell, Silva's been excellent in Spain by all accounts and he's 34.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    been a while since we've had a top midfielder
    Tbf the strength of this team has in a massive way been down to the sheet graft of a largely disciplined and workhorse midfield. It looks like going forward we’ll need to change it up from that to continue winning.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He looked incredible, pity he’s not 26.
    Yeah that would be wonderful.

Still, marginally younger than Henderson and Wijnaldum and his game is hardly reliant on pace and acceleration, so hopefully a lot of joy between now and the end of 23/24.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yeah that would be wonderful.

Still, marginally younger than Henderson and Wijnaldum and his game is hardly reliant on pace and acceleration, so hopefully a lot of joy between now and the end of 23/24.
    I really admired his sheer refusal to pas sideways and backwards even with limited opportunities to pass forward tonight. It really displayed what people complain about when we do get sucked into lateral passing and you think to yourself feck all was on, what’s he talking about. Something is always on for Thiago