Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fabinho at centre back

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool Watford 3-0 Liverpool Atletico 1-0 Liverpool Man City 4-0 Liverpool Burnley 0-0 Liverpool nuff said and there's plenty more of those all WITH our first choice back four and all but one with our full first choice forward line
    So all those results were down to Fabinho?
    Not really. Watford and City the league was win pretty much so no biggie really.
    I'm interested to know where you have him in the side when we have everyone back.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Not really. Watford and City the league was win pretty much so no biggie really.
    I'm interested to know where you have him in the side when we have everyone back.
    he even blamed Fab for our loss in the CL last season to A-Madrid
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    he even blamed Fab for our loss in the CL last season to A-Madrid
    Exactly. Thats his go to piece when he wants to try and have a pop at him.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    19s stated its matip and virgil at cb, hendo thiago and Gini in midfield.

Gomez out on loan to a lowly club so he can learn how to defend and perhaps develop his game.
    Fabinho a back up cb to Matip.
    Jota on the bench and only ox to play lwf, so jota will come on to give Salah a rest (rarely happens) and Bobby a rest.

Can't deal with the fact Bobby has declined in most metrics. Goals, assists, tackles and intercepts the very basics of his game.
    Today Bobby was bet easily by stones who ran off down the pitch. Bobby's pressing has been atrocious of late.

Gomez isn't a top defender, he severely lacks experience of actual defending and has been found out and found wanting time and time again when he's needed to do so

Put him in our side with the press and counter press from the midfield forwards and full backs at or near its very best so the only defending he has to do involves heading attempted long balls and beating players in a foot race to attempted long balls and the opposition barely get any possession in our half and he's ok, he's been found wanting badly far too many times at real defending
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gomez isn't a top defender, he severely lacks experience of actual defending and has been found out and found wanting time and time again when he's needed to do so

Put him in our side with the press and counter press from the midfield forwards and full backs at or near its very best so the only defending he has to do involves heading attempted long balls and beating players in a foot race to attempted long balls and the opposition barely get any possession in our half and he's ok, he's been found wanting badly far too many times at real defending
    Hard to argue with that. He's good on the ball but his positioning leaves a lot to be desired and he's not particularly strong in the air. He's a good option to have on the bench but we can certainly do better in terms of a starting centre back

Bobby and a great many other players haven't been near their bes levels since Jurgen fucked about with the midfield when it was performing better than ever with a fluid 3 last season, it's been a slippery slope ever since and the only games in which we've looked like that Liverpool since are the ones in which we've had a fluid midfield 3 with at least 2 of any of the mids who played it so brilliantly in it

Gomez is still quite young for a centre back and can get back to his very best.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Gomez is still quite young for a centre back and can get back to his very best.
    Get back to something that wasn't good enough in the first place? May as well look to sign Usain Bolt, he's very quick and doesn't have the skills or experience of a top defender either and he'd probably be better in the air

Get back to something that wasn't good enough in the first place? May as well look to sign Usain Bolt, he's very quick and doesn't have the skills or experience of a top defender either and he'd probably be better in the air
    Back to his very best, he has time on his side to blossom like hendo. Like Matip, he needs some luck avoiding the treatment room.