Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415

Thread: Fabinho at centre back

Slightly crude but this called it right in mid February.

https://liverpool.vitalfootball.co.u...for-poor-form/

This is the closest thing to a relevant thread that I could think of to post this comment and I didn't want to open another one as I don't think it's a subject that will lead to (nor requires) much discussion really.

However.

Has the dark cloud of last season's ridiculous number of centre-back partnerships (and us subsequently still qualifying for the Champion's League despite the adversity) actually created a silver lining whereby Klopp's mind is more open to rotation at the back, believing we can still win, based on the evidence of last season?

We've already seen Matip partner Van Dijk, Matip partner Gomez and Konate partner Van Dijk this season, as well as signs of a tiny move away from simply playing Trent and Robertson for every game (honestly, who would have correctly predicted all 4 of the back four against Palace?) and we've managed to keep the goals-against column in the League to a solitary goal - we'd conceded THIRTEEN at the same stage last season and before anyone (correctly) says "7-2 v Villa" that's still 6 other goals over the other 4 games.

The solidity we've shown this season outside of a wobbly 10-15 minute spell against AC Milan is really encouraging. Hopefully we can maintain it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay