Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fabinho at centre back

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I've called everything right this season
    Like when you were saying jota was only good enough to make the bench and cameo appearances....

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He played 28 league games in his first season, which was when City pipped us to the title, we only lost one game, and he didn't start in that one. He also played 28 league games last season, we only lost one again that counted, the other two were after we had clinched the league. So by him coming back doesn't seem to have disrupted things going by the amount of defeats.
    Aye, 19 just can't accept that the 18/19 season was our best season under Klopp. One where Fab got his role as the 6 and one where hendo got his role as the rcm.

Our meanest defensive record in the PL under Klopp, scoring more goals than 19/20 and progressing deep enough in the CL to win it.

In that season both players played in their preferred and best positions.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Like when you were saying jota was only good enough to make the bench and cameo appearances....
    I didn't say that, I am Jota's biggest fan, I watched a lot of Wolves games that didn't clash with our for 2 season for that reason so expect I know a fucking damned site more about Jota than anyone else here, I was made up we signed him and strongly pointed out that he was Wolves best forward/attacking midfielder when most here were having a wank fest over that useless lump, one trick pony Traore.

I said I wouldn't keep fucking about with the forward line and that it was great he had been scoring, but the team hadn't been playing as well with him playing except for that one game v Atalanta
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    City over the season are the better team nobody can deny that.

For 70 mins we held our own but we fell apart and we shouldnt have.

I dont like all this messing around at the back its asking for trouble and today it cost us.

Yeah we all would prefer City to win it and they will do.
    We've conceded twice as many goals as them (and one more goal), their defensive record is what has set them apart and should see them win the league.

35/39 points in their last 13 games built on a plethora of clean sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Aye, 19 just can't accept that the 18/19 season was our best season under Klopp. One where Fab got his role as the 6 and one where hendo got his role as the rcm.

Our meanest defensive record in the PL under Klopp, scoring more goals than 19/20 and progressing deep enough in the CL to win it.

In that season both players played in their preferred and best positions.
    None of you will accept that half way through that season, Fab got found out and teams were successfully setting up to counter down our right because he doesn't play right across the line, look at any heatmap of Fab and that is abundantly clear, that saw us draw too many games which ultimately cost us the title and Jurgen had to bring Hendo in at RCM to do half of the job the DM (Fab) was supposed to be doing

Again, that isn't opinion, it happened

I'm talking specifically about Fab at CM since his return from injury, he's not at any point been anywhere near to his level of performance or influence since he came back, he's been a very long way fucking short of it, our record in games with Fab at CM since he returned is absolutely appalling
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

None of you will accept that half way through that season, Fab got found out and teams were successfully setting up to counter down our right because he doesn't play right across the line, look at any heatmap of Fab and that is abundantly clear, that saw us draw too many games which ultimately cost us the title and Jurgen had to bring Hendo in at RCM to do half of the job the DM (Fab) was supposed to be doing

I'm talking specifically about Fab at CM since his return from injury, he's not at any point been anywhere near to his level of performance or influence since he came back, he's been a very long way fucking short of it, our record in games with Fab at CM since he returned is absolutely appalling
    Nobody will accept it because its total horseshit and you are the only person on this forum or probably in the UK who says so.
    Repeating something constantly or shouting it louder doesn't make it any less wrong so just stop. We are fed up hearing it.

Teams counter down our right because Trent can’t defend as well as robbo. It’s one of the reasons I’m baffled that even when klopp finally decided to play both Henderson and Fabinho at cb today he somehow played hendo as left cb when fab played there all year and Henderson and Trent already have that relationship where hendo knows trents inclinations. Mad shit.
    Last edited by eggy81; 7th February 2021 at 10:25 PM.

What period are you talking about?

I didn't say that, I am Jota's biggest fan, I watched a lot of Wolves games that didn't clash with our for 2 season for that reason so expect I know a fucking damned site more about Jota than anyone else here, I was made up we signed him and strongly pointed out that he was Wolves best forward/attacking midfielder when most here were having a wank fest over that useless lump, one trick pony Traore.

I said I wouldn't keep fucking about with the forward line and that it was great he had been scoring, but the team hadn't been playing as well with him playing except for that one game v Atalanta
    I can't be arsed looking through threads for your posts.
    But I think most of the forum would remember you posting something along the lines of...

WE HAVE TO PLAY THE BEST 11 IN THEIR EXACT POSITIONS IN THE EXACT SAME WAY AND SYSTEM AS WE HAVE DONE FOR THE LAST 2 SEASONS.

Yet you wouldn't have Jota on the bench and making cameo appearances.

I remember you having him in the vein of...

I rate fabinho just ................
    I rate kota just.............

It must be frustrating when so many misinterpret your posts.

That season those draws came after we revered to a 433 setup too.
    We went on to finish on an almighty number of points and win no6. It was our best season under Klopp. Involved till the death in the 2 big comps and won 1.

Fab Dm and Hendo rcm is the best basis for our midfield in a 433.
    As Klopp said it is their preferred positions to play and I'd agree with Klopp their best positions too.