Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fabinho at centre back

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Back to his very best, he has time on his side to blossom like hendo. Like Matip, he needs some luck avoiding the treatment room.
    Injuries have taken it's toll on Gomez, hope he can get back to the form he was in before injuries. The only defender we have who can cover all defensive positions.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Here you go CD, maybe stop running your mouth off when you don't know what you're talking about
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Fabinho is not a centre back. he makes too many errors.. Thiago is not strong enough for our midfield. But when Thiago and Fabhino play together. And Fab is the DM. Ninteenx will ignore the obvious weakness which will be Thiago and blame Fabinho
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Fabinho is not a centre back. he makes too many errors.. Thiago is not strong enough for our midfield. But when Thiago and Fabhino play together. And Fab is the DM. Ninteenx will ignore the obvious weakness which will be Thiago and blame Fabinho
    I don't read any of his posts as they are more like novels. I've read War and Peace is less time.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The bottom line is Fabinho is NOT and never will be a suitable DM/No6 in a side such as ours who look to play a certain way

If you play a high risk high press and counter press strategy, in which all your players are defending while attacking, each and everyone of them needs to be incredibly astute and aware of their positioning or opposition players positioning. Fab doesn't have that in his locker

Fabinho is an absolutely superb midfield destroyer, his best games for us were undoubtedly Barcelona at Anfield and City at Anfield in the 3-1 in which he scored and the reasons for that are very obvious

In both those games Barcelona and City dominated the ball, we weren't set up as we set up now for either of those games, we weren't playing the high risk, high press and counter press system, we were pressing, but not as we have evolved to doing it at our best so we had extra players in defence and midfield most of the time in those games and were looking to nick the ball through that and counter very quickly, that style of play is absolutely perfect for Fab

Fab is absolutely perfect to as a midfield destroyer in any team that sets up as we did in those games, accepting that the opposition are going to have most of the possession, having extra players in midfield and defence so if he goes looking for a tackle and leaves an area for a plyer to come into, there's a player to cover it, but most teams now look to do to us what we used to do to teams who were better than us, so we don't play like that anymore.

As we play with everyone fit and available and as opposition sides set up against us, we play very high risk football, and in all our games we attack and leave our 2 Cbs and our No6 (or whichever player is occupying the position) in a 3v3 constantly, THAT is how we play

Can none of you see this?

I'll ask you a simple question, if we leave our 2 CBs and No6 in a 3v3 situation so frequently when attacking, can we afford to have a player in the No6 position who will leave his player to go charging into another situation to give the opposition an immediate 3v2 against our 2 CBs if they can get the ball to any of their 3?

I know the answer to that, I expect you all do, but I don't expect any honest answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Here you go CD, maybe stop running your mouth off when you don't know what you're talking about
    Here I go, what?

Next time actually bother finishing your thought and the comment before asking others opinion about it.
    And you should be one to talk about people running their mouths when they don't know what they're talking about.
    With the amount of shite you spout off on here, on an almost daily basis?
    don't make me laugh.

Pot.
    Kettle.

It's tragic that mirrors don't exist where you live.

As long as you keep picking on players who hardly deserve your stick and the shite you fart out on the regular, I'll kepe calling you out on it, whether you like it or not.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Here I go, what?

Next time actually bother finishing your thought and the comment before asking others opinion about it.
    And you should be one to talk about people running their mouths when they don't know what they're talking about.
    With the amount of shite you spout off on here, on an almost daily basis?
    don't make me laugh.

Pot.
    Kettle.

It's tragic that mirrors don't exist where you live.

As long as you keep picking on players who hardly deserve your stick and the shite you fart out on the regular, I'll kepe calling you out on it, whether you like it or not.
    Excuse me, but you were running your mouth off saying i gave Fab no credit for filling in at CB when here is a thread in which i was heaping praise on him for that

Fabinho is not and good DM for how we have evolved to playing since we bought him, because he is a destroyer, he was a superb addition for how we played at the time we bought him, but the team and how we play continually evolves and we need a more positionally astute No6 with better distribution than Fab who leads and organises

Fortunately we have that in Hendo, unfortunately he is out injured and also spent too many games used at CB

If we're to persist with Fab, we have to change formation to 4231 with Hendo being the more positionally astute Alonso figure and Fab being the Mascherano and a flatter back four, unfortunately that doesn't play to the strengths of our forwards and full backs and we've nowhere to play Thiago, Millie or Jones

Fab would be absolutely superb in Rodgers 352 Leicester outfit, extra player at the back, employed to simply destroy and give the ball simply to one of the more creative mids ahead of him, that's what Fab is, that's his best role in any team, unfortunately it isn't what we need in a No6, you don't need a destroyer when you've evolved to having most of the ball
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 28th April 2021 at 06:22 PM.

I cannot believe that CD has actually accused 19X of all people on here, the Nineteen Times of not possessing a mirror !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I cannot believe that CD has actually accused 19X of all people on here, the Nineteen Times of not possessing a mirror !!!!!!
    Yep, shouting their mouth off about something they know nothing about again, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary of what they're saying

Quickly on Fab, it's the equivalent of playing a 433 with Masch or Momo at No6, that's what it is, any of you think that's a good idea or ever would have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Excuse me, but you were running your mouth off saying i gave Fab no credit for filling in at CB when here is a thread in which i was heaping praise on him for that

Fabinho is not and good DM for how we have evolved to playing since we bought him, because he is a destroyer, he was a superb addition for how we played at the time we bought him, but the team and how we play continually evolves and we need a more positionally astute No6 with better distribution than Fab who leads and organises

Fortunately we have that in Hendo, unfortunately he is out injured and also spent too many games used at CB

If we're to persist with Fab, we have to change formation to 4231 with Hendo being the more positionally astute Alonso figure and Fab being the Mascherano and a flatter back four, unfortunately that doesn't play to the strengths of our forwards and full backs and we've nowhere to play Thiago, Millie or Jones

Fab would be absolutely superb in Rodgers 352 Leicester outfit, extra player at the back, employed to simply destroy and give the ball simply to one of the more creative mids ahead of him, that's what Fab is, that's his best role in any team, unfortunately it isn't what we need in a No6, you don't need a destroyer when you've evolved to having most of the ball
    Rent-free

Fab.

Living in your head.

You should offer your clearly suplefundiferous* footballing knowledge and skills for the managerial position now open at Spurs.
    (*yes, I made that word up just for you).
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!