Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabinho at centre back

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's the best DM in the league if Kante doesn't count (and he shouldn't anymore I guess).
    "Anno".

Slotted in so, so well.

Hopefully can remain fit.

Some players can apparently dine out for a very long based on how they played a position 2 years ago and as the team has evolved that position doesn't exist anymore, it's actually just CM now

Oh and we'll conveniently forget he got found out playing that position in the last third of the 18-19 season

Kante's been used in 4 different midfield positions, he's a midfielder, Fabinho is a defender converted to play at DM, he is not a midfielder, our No6 role has evolved with the rest of the team and it is not a DM role, it's a CM role

Anyway Fab's making CB spot his own, so all good
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think i read that he actually prefers playing at centre back.
    Do you think we will be in for someone like Upamecano in january?

I worry that we’ll bring someone in who’s not as good and move Fab back into the midfield

Since the onset of our injury problems our defence has been surprisingly good.
    Credit to everyone involved for playing their part!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Since the onset of our injury problems our defence has been surprisingly good.
    Credit to everyone involved for playing their part!
    Agree with all that.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Big Joel and Fabinho wouldn't of let 7 past them 😃😃

Absolutely immense at CB comfortably our third choice, every bit as good as Matip positionally, on the deck and at stepping into midfield to win things, but Matip has a considerable edge in the air and in his passing and driving the ball forward when it's on

I think we've definitely found Fab's best position now we no longer have/need a DM position, he is a HUGE step up from Gomez at CB, although, that isn't difficult to be fair, Rhys Williams and Nate Phillips are also, although obviously nowhere approaching Fab's quality there