Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 141

Thread: Fabinho at centre back

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,568
    Im not sure what you have against Gomez but Williams & Phillips are not in his class at all.

    If those two at Red Bull are worth £50m then Gomez is in the same bracket in fact what ive seen id say Gomez is better and plays in a harder league.

  2. #42
    Konaté 6ft4 mountain beast!

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    17,278
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Im not sure what you have against Gomez but Williams & Phillips are not in his class at all.

    If those two at Red Bull are worth £50m then Gomez is in the same bracket in fact what ive seen id say Gomez is better and plays in a harder league.
    Same as i'm not sure how fabinho is so bad in midfield when there was plenty of games he was a boss in there, and somewhat helped towards winning the league by a clear margain

    Same as gomez been a beast at times, gutted he picked up the injury as he was looking his best again the pace, strength power...

    Fabinho is class in CB, but some games it's obvious he's missed in midfield, but needs must, he's better than henderson in the tackle./winning the ball, he's not bad at passing either ** note i'm not saying he's better as henderson is better in other areas too, just my opinion

    He's the only player that gets "stuck in"
    Last edited by Kev0909; 9th December 2020 at 10:16 PM.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Same as i'm not sure how fabinho is so bad in midfield when there was plenty of games he was a boss in there, and somewhat helped towards winning the league by a clear margain

    Same as gomez been a beast at times, gutted he picked up the injury as he was looking his best again the pace, strength power...

    Fabinho is class in CB, but some games it's obvious he's missed in midfield, but needs must, he's better than henderson in the tackle./winning the ball, he's not bad at passing either ** note i'm not saying he's better as henderson is better in other areas too, just my opinion

    He's the only player that gets "stuck in"
    He's class at CB, he's class as an out and out sitting DM but severely lacking in his distribution, when the play is in front of him and he can be reactive and doesn't have to worry about specific players or what he's leaving behind him if he goes forward he's a class act

    The point re tackling is one you're really missing, when our press is at a high level, we don't need to make tackles like Fabs, most show reels of him making them aren't favourable to him, because he's running back making a tackle because he let the press get broken, looks good, but if he's doing his job properly, they wouldn't be necessary and that right there is, with his distribution, my issue
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,220
    Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Konaté 6ft4 mountain beast!
    I wanted him 2 summers ago, he's had a lot of injuries since and isn't the player he was, i'd prefer Schuurs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,220
    Miles better than Gomez, not quite Matip's level on aerial ability and distribution, but a far FAR better defender than Gomez and available a lot more than Matip
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    16,692
    Just wanted to heap praise on Fabinho for his professionalism and his capacity to play multiple roles.

    He is one of our most important players right now, make no mistake about it. His transfer fee looks an absolute steal in the context of the big picture too.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,303
    All true..

    ..choice of words might be a tad sketchy...?

    Probably best to give any reference to - big pictures - a wide berth.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,998
    Its easy to look great when you have nothing to do..Most teams defend very deep against us. So our centre backs who ever they are get a free ride.Fabinho best position is DM. Henderson+ another in front
    Leader of all..master of none..

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its easy to look great when you have nothing to do..Most teams defend very deep against us. So our centre backs who ever they are get a free ride.Fabinho best position is DM. Henderson+ another in front
    This is why our defence is not conceeding too many teams are shit scared of us.

    I hope teams see our defence and think lets have a go that opens up more space for us.

    I dont think that is going to happen though and at this minute if Fabinho gets injured we arent getting CL football.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th December 2020, 10:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th October 2020, 10:10 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd October 2020, 09:41 AM
  4. Wijnaldum: Fabinho a natural at centre-back
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd October 2020, 12:12 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st October 2020, 11:00 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •