Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabinho at centre back

Im not sure what you have against Gomez but Williams & Phillips are not in his class at all.

If those two at Red Bull are worth £50m then Gomez is in the same bracket in fact what ive seen id say Gomez is better and plays in a harder league.

Konaté 6ft4 mountain beast!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Im not sure what you have against Gomez but Williams & Phillips are not in his class at all.

If those two at Red Bull are worth £50m then Gomez is in the same bracket in fact what ive seen id say Gomez is better and plays in a harder league.
    Same as i'm not sure how fabinho is so bad in midfield when there was plenty of games he was a boss in there, and somewhat helped towards winning the league by a clear margain

Same as gomez been a beast at times, gutted he picked up the injury as he was looking his best again the pace, strength power...

Fabinho is class in CB, but some games it's obvious he's missed in midfield, but needs must, he's better than henderson in the tackle./winning the ball, he's not bad at passing either ** note i'm not saying he's better as henderson is better in other areas too, just my opinion

He's the only player that gets "stuck in"
    Last edited by Kev0909; 9th December 2020 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Same as i'm not sure how fabinho is so bad in midfield when there was plenty of games he was a boss in there, and somewhat helped towards winning the league by a clear margain

Same as gomez been a beast at times, gutted he picked up the injury as he was looking his best again the pace, strength power...

Fabinho is class in CB, but some games it's obvious he's missed in midfield, but needs must, he's better than henderson in the tackle./winning the ball, he's not bad at passing either ** note i'm not saying he's better as henderson is better in other areas too, just my opinion

He's the only player that gets "stuck in"
    He's class at CB, he's class as an out and out sitting DM but severely lacking in his distribution, when the play is in front of him and he can be reactive and doesn't have to worry about specific players or what he's leaving behind him if he goes forward he's a class act

The point re tackling is one you're really missing, when our press is at a high level, we don't need to make tackles like Fabs, most show reels of him making them aren't favourable to him, because he's running back making a tackle because he let the press get broken, looks good, but if he's doing his job properly, they wouldn't be necessary and that right there is, with his distribution, my issue
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Konaté 6ft4 mountain beast!
    I wanted him 2 summers ago, he's had a lot of injuries since and isn't the player he was, i'd prefer Schuurs

Miles better than Gomez, not quite Matip's level on aerial ability and distribution, but a far FAR better defender than Gomez and available a lot more than Matip

Just wanted to heap praise on Fabinho for his professionalism and his capacity to play multiple roles.

He is one of our most important players right now, make no mistake about it. His transfer fee looks an absolute steal in the context of the big picture too.

All true..

..choice of words might be a tad sketchy...?

Probably best to give any reference to - big pictures - a wide berth.

Its easy to look great when you have nothing to do..Most teams defend very deep against us. So our centre backs who ever they are get a free ride.Fabinho best position is DM. Henderson+ another in front
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its easy to look great when you have nothing to do..Most teams defend very deep against us. So our centre backs who ever they are get a free ride.Fabinho best position is DM. Henderson+ another in front
    This is why our defence is not conceeding too many teams are shit scared of us.

I hope teams see our defence and think lets have a go that opens up more space for us.

I dont think that is going to happen though and at this minute if Fabinho gets injured we arent getting CL football.