Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabinho at centre back

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    i'd prefer Schuurs
    That recent extension takes him up to 2025.

He won't be cheap and it does back up his comments about wanting to stay at Ajax and develop for a few more seasons.

We had him on trial when he was 17 apparently!

I think he's be absolutely immense at CB, but he absolutely needs to cut out this trying to leave one on a player crap he's been getting involved in, he doesn't need to do that, it's stupid and he'll get himself and us in bother.

V Burnley he shouldn't have pulled at Barnes or kicked out at him, if he doesn't pull at Barnes I think Alisson probably gets to him in a different position and makes a save rather than give away a penalty and if Alisson doesn't give away a penalty fabinho doesn't play today because there's no way VAR don't have a look at send him off for pulling Barnes back

he got involved in a few things today trying to leave one on a player that were stupid and one of them gave away the free kick they won the game from

He needs to cut it out, he's been excellent, just stick to defending brilliantly
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He needs to go back to where he was. Not because he hasn’t done a great job, but because we miss his presence and protection in midfield.

He is not a CB even if he has done a good job.

He never has been better than Matip/Gomez we need him in midfield.

He is a unit and helps us dominate the midfield this needs addressing next season.

Fabinho tries to make challenges like hes at DM.. he can get away with errors in that role. theres always DF behind to clear up. You make an error at DF your stuffed and hes made two of them in the last 2 games.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He is not a CB even if he has done a good job.

He never has been better than Matip/Gomez we need him in midfield.

He is a unit and helps us dominate the midfield this needs addressing next season.
    We need it addressing now or we’re going to have nothing next season! Top four is a must. Nothing less is acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    We need it addressing now or we’re going to have nothing next season! Top four is a must. Nothing less is acceptable
    I agree we need one now even if its a loan.

Agree. Needs sorting now!

A continuation of the make do and mend philosophy.

Fab at CB is a disaster. It will have detrimental consequences on his midfield play - if and when he is ever afforded that again - as he will have spent most of a season learning the art being a CB.

It’s all a bit crazy to be honest. Klopp again paying for his honesty and willingness to make any situation workable. Owners more interested in being frugal than staying at the top. A position they clearly seem to think has cost factors outweighing any financial benefit.

Classic franchise situation.

It's a bit annoying that possibly the best DM in the league is stuck playing CB for a season...
    Etiam si omnes, ego non