Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great Teams Make Their Own Advantages

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I'd be quite rich if i had a pound for every headline i used to read in the sunday papers saying "lucky liverpool", either because of the late goals we got or penalties we were awarded. Maybe they just got sick of us winning everything back then.
    Could be, sky - too much domination is not good for the business.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Has anybody heard anything about Ray Clemence ? according to a report on facebook, he is fighting for his life.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Has anybody heard anything about Ray Clemence ? according to a report on facebook, he is fighting for his life.
    Big Ali posted something on Social media about everyone is behind you. I don't think he's too well at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Big Ali posted something on Social media about everyone is behind you. I don't think he's too well at the minute.
    Thanks Ian.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

People used to say we got all the major decisions when we were winning titles, especially at Anfield. Like the thread suggests, great teams make their own luck. The best teams don't always win the cups, but they always win the league. No-one will ever come close to Fergie's 13 titles as they don't get that much time now, but i'm pretty confident this team could reach 21 titles before they do. We have the right man in charge to achieve it.
    We were that good though

I never rated the filthy's alleged great sides, i never liked their football, there's a reason that for all their domestic dominance they regularly failed in Europe. I never had the anti the filthy thing as my family weren't into sports, i always wondered why commentators on the odd game on telly would prattle on about this great rivalry

I fell in love with Liverpool aged 6, i didn't know about league tables the European Cup or any of it, i just saw them on a rare televised game, the way they passed the ball and how they all moved and worked together so perfectly as one and i was mesmerised and instantly hooked

Had i switched on in the same situation during that run with Hendo in the centre last season i'd have no doubt been exactly the same, it took me back to 77 watching our current side in that run and i thank Jurgen, all the players and everyone involved for that and hoped we can get back to that level and evolve it even further as for me we've fallen a long way short of it since Jurgen changed things in the Southampton game at Anfield last season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Is that why there was a mural of him painted on one of the houses in Liverpool?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Is that why there was a mural of him painted on one of the houses in Liverpool?
    God bless you Ray.
    A goalkeeping legend.
    He has been suffering from prostate cancer for 13 years.

Praying for you Clem...

"Great Teams Make Their Own Advantages"

So do great players...No more Mickey Mouse BS Jurgen... I have told you to listen to me more...

If you can find some space in the work mad ethos for a sprinkling of this..it is needed for the next level...

6 minutes that will make you forget you ever had to endure the boredom of an England game..
    Last edited by Steveo; 12th October 2020 at 09:46 AM.