Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Teams Make Their Own Advantages

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I still can't get over Masch's insane red card against them in 2010(?).
    Is that the one were he laughed in the referees face at the decision?

Utd's goal against us last season at Old Trafford was a clear foul on Divi ( I think it was ) in the build up.
    And they are still getting loads of dodgy penalty decisions for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Is that the one were he laughed in the referees face at the decision?

Does that look like a player out of control?? Or out of order. Jeez what a shite show. Imagine Scholes or Rooney getting sent off for that.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Now they're getting a few against them ,they need shown that video on how things used to be.

@Steveo

Without trying to sound conspiratorial I do genuinely believe they got a nudge here and there in important moments. My dad put it best: "Of course some wrong decisions will go against them... at 4-1 at home v WBA in the 90th minute... sure there'll be a bogus penalty against United. You need some plausible deniability. But as soon as it's an important game, as soon as it's crunch time, you can bet your bottom dollar all the 50/50s will go their way and all the wrong decisions will benefit them."
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @Steveo

Without trying to sound conspiratorial I do genuinely believe they got a nudge here and there in important moments. My dad put it best: "Of course some wrong decisions will go against them... at 4-1 at home v WBA in the 90th minute... sure there'll be a bogus penalty against United. You need some plausible deniability. But as soon as it's an important game, as soon as it's crunch time, you can bet your bottom dollar all the 50/50s will go their way and all the wrong decisions will benefit them."
    They'll need a lot more than decisions to go their way now. They need a decent team and manager for a start. All those hoping for Solskjaer to keep his job if results don't improve will be very disappointed. He will go the same way as all the others since Fergie.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Then there was that conspiracy theory surrounding Ferguson with referees apparently being demoted after giving decisions against Man U
    https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/manchester-united/were-the-manchester-united-conspiracy-theorists-right-all-along

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They'll need a lot more than decisions to go their way now. They need a decent team and manager for a start. All those hoping for Solskjaer to keep his job if results don't improve will be very disappointed. He will go the same way as all the others since Fergie.
    Of course - I don't think a lot of their success was undeserved. Though some of it was definitely helped imo.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by balinkay View Post
    of course - i don't think a lot of their success was undeserved. Though some of it was definitely helped imo.
    I'd be quite rich if i had a pound for every headline i used to read in the sunday papers saying "lucky liverpool", either because of the late goals we got or penalties we were awarded. Maybe they just got sick of us winning everything back then.
    Last edited by skyebo; 10th October 2020 at 02:52 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Utd's goal against us last season at Old Trafford was a clear foul on Divi ( I think it was ) in the build up.
    And they are still getting loads of dodgy penalty decisions for them.
    It was Atkinson the same shit that was officiating the VAR in the Villa game away last season.. And someone how manged to find a way to make Bobby look offside, with a diagonal line.
    Leader of all..master of none..