Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Everton

I'd actually sell Fabinho while his stock is still high and bring Declan Rice in as Hendo's long term successor, the lad is improving hugely he has the dynamism and athleticism and takes up better press and counter press positions for West Ham who aren't particularly great at those things than Fabinho ever has for us and also has vastly better distribution than our hapless Brazilian.

For me Fabinho is simply incapable of playing Jurgen's system as it needs to be played, he is a press and counter press disaster, he just doesn't read it or see it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Rice might just be Chelsea bound but surely they can't spend any more this window.? Can they...?

You are extremely harsh on Fabinho 19 - what are your thoughts on Keita..?

Snog Marry Avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Rice might just be Chelsea bound but surely they can't spend any more this window.? Can they...?

You are extremely harsh on Fabinho 19 - what are your thoughts on Keita..?

Snog Marry Avoid?
    The general opinion is if they get Rice, Jorginho may be going to Arsenal, whether either or both go through we will know in a few hours.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I would never sell Fabinho..what crap is going on in Nineteenxs head
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd actually sell Fabinho while his stock is still high and bring Declan Rice in as Hendo's long term successor, the lad is improving hugely he has the dynamism and athleticism and takes up better press and counter press positions for West Ham who aren't particularly great at those things than Fabinho ever has for us and also has vastly better distribution than our hapless Brazilian.

For me Fabinho is simply incapable of playing Jurgen's system as it needs to be played, he is a press and counter press disaster, he just doesn't read it or see it
    Are you on the windup?
    'Ave a word man.

I see your point about rice and henderson, I wouldn't replace fabinho though.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Are you on the windup?
    'Ave a word man.
    In last nights game, Villa's furthest midfielder forward when we were attacking, that being either Grealish or Barkley, was allowed to receive the ball in time and space to run at our defence and had all day to pick a pass to their forward with no Liverpool midfielder anywhere near him 25-40 time TWENTY FIVE to FORTY times

Tees, if you would be so kind, kindly remind me, that although the press is a collectively effort, which players job in our set up is it to make sure that can't and doesn't happen? We both know the answer

He does it every single time he plays, he is simply shocking in the collective press, he is a liability who costs us goals through his lack of discipline, awareness and his complete inability to scan the pitch, read the game and understand where it is he needs to be

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I see your point about rice and henderson, I wouldn't replace fabinho though.
    He's already been replaced, we've brought Thiago in, both Thiago and Henderson are a million times better, more tactically aware, vastly superior in their distribution, pressing, counter pressing, reading of the game than Fabinho, who unlike Rice can't play or be used at LCM or RCM

I watched Thiago very closely in the Champions League final, and in the game v Chelsea, there are very slight issues that will need to be corrected, he does go the wrong side of his man trying to win the ball and get turned occassionally, and although nothing like as frequently as Fabinho, he does get attracted to the play and leave the man in that position I'm talking about

The only adjustment/instruction needed is, don't go wrong side, always be available for the ball while being close enough to that opposition player in that position to be able to stop a counter or them being fed easy or released in behind you in time and space and that's it, perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    In last nights game, Villa's furthest midfielder forward when we were attacking, that being either Grealish or Barkley, was allowed to receive the ball in time and space to run at our defence and had all day to pick a pass to their forward with no Liverpool midfielder anywhere near him 25-40 time TWENTY FIVE to FORTY times

Tees, if you would be so kind, kindly remind me, that although the press is a collectively effort, which players job in our set up is it to make sure that can't and doesn't happen? We both know the answer

He does it every single time he plays, he is simply shocking in the collective press, he is a liability who costs us goals through his lack of discipline, awareness and his complete inability to scan the pitch, read the game and understand where it is he needs to be
    You are the only person on this forum with that opinion. Last night was collectively shit from them all. Not one single player was to blame but if we are playing the blame game maybe Fabinho was trying to do the job of three men seeing as the other two were having their own personal game of hide n seek.

He does not cost us goals at all you go on like hes a calamity of a player. You blamed him for Barkleys goal last night yet it was a bad defensive pass that lead to them gaining possession not to mention the ridiculous deflection that it took.
    He was bad last night yes but hes a starter in our team without a doubt and hes undoubtedly one of the highest rated mids in the world.

He'll not win you over the same as Keita wont win me over.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You are the only person on this forum with that opinion. Last night was collectively shit from them all. Not one single player was to blame but if we are playing the blame game maybe Fabinho was trying to do the job of three men seeing as the other two were having their own personal game of hide n seek.

He does not cost us goals at all you go on like hes a calamity of a player. You blamed him for Barkleys goal last night yet it was a bad defensive pass that lead to them gaining possession not to mention the ridiculous deflection that it took.
    He was bad last night yes but hes a starter in our team without a doubt and hes undoubtedly one of the highest rated mids in the world.

He'll not win you over the same as Keita wont win me over.
    Sorry Tees, our midfield with Fabinho, Wijnaldum and any other that wasn't Hendo got very badly found out from January 2019 onwards and Henderson being brought back in at HT in that Southampton game was what fixed it, Villa just exploited a midfield that had been found out badly a very very long time ago

It's important to keep improving and driving forward, either Henderson and Thiago at CM represent continuing raising of the bar and development of our play, Fabinho represents a huge step backwards, the evolution of how we play and the switches and how much better we pressed and counter pressed and just how few chances we allowed opposition sides to have was entirely evident in Fabinho's absence, you don't go back to something that isn't as good, you continue with what has made the side so much better nd look for ways to improve and build on that further