Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Everton

I think big changes are needed in midfield- which is a funny thing to say because of last season.

Wij is most likely going (and is he really actually consistent enough/age?)
    Milner is going (is he actually still good enough?)

Grujic needs to go for his own sake
    Keita is a ghost
    Ox is injured or a ghost.

that leaves us with

Thiago (obviously a starter- hopefully he doesn't breakdown)
    Henderson (obviously a starter- hopefully he doesn't breakdown)
    Fabinho ( I wouldn't say he's as important as these 19x but considering the rest of the midfield he's last on my list tbh to move on)
    Jones (one for the future squad player)

Midfield still needs a lot of work going forward, and looking to the future more - henderson and thiago will do for 2-3 seasons, thiago probably a bit longer, hopefully henderson keeps up his game like Milner, and thiago-alonso. more eitherway we'll need more younger fit players in there at some point with klopps system.

Especially as thiago and henderson will probably pick up more injury's

I expect Ox to go before keita, and others to go before fabinho not that i want him to go, but you may aswell drop it 19x as you know this too deep down, we'll need to replace others first.

And with FSG it won't be a quick process, hopefully we get a CB from sales and some funds from origi for a ST and hopefully some money from a few midfielders for another CM but i don't see how we're going to afford it all without some actual money from FSG

if it was down to me I'd replace all them midfielders listed first- origi shaqiri and get another CB in but this isn't football manager and we don't have the money the likes of bigclub everton do, so it'll take at least 2 seasons, meanwhile we'll still have people stealing a living here and that aren't simply good enough, not even for a top 6 team

if we had evertons owner we'd already have a ST and a CB and be pretty much complete, but after wanting a few extra m because FSG we've still got a load of players left here rotting away, on the wage bill and doing fuck all, fantastic.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 6th October 2020 at 05:46 AM.

Exactly what am saying in the other. totally over reacting..
    Take Wini he was brilliant in the Arsenal game.. everyone was shit against Villa. so Wijnadlum is being questioned. Oxlade is ghost.. So is Keita and so on This is the same midfield thats dominated the league for 2 seasons.. We just had a bad day on Sunday thats all.
    Lets make changes and so forth. Whos to say Curtis Jones will be able to control the physical aspect of the game when teams press us to death like Villa? Lets just get back to playing more like our old self. which prior to Villa we were..
    Leader of all..master of none..

I think Fabinho will mostly be 3rd or 4th choice CB this season with Henderson and Thiago fit in midfield and Matip fit at CB, Henderson and Thiago are both far better and give us far more than Fabinho ever has or looks capable of offering, I just don't see any possible way he gets CM starts when either Henderson or Thiago are fit, they're both miles better than him without the lapses, rushes of blood, switching off, ball watching or significantly limited distribution issues he has.

I am looking forward to a midfield of Thiago at CM Henderson at RCM immensely, having 2 players in our midfield who can play all the passes and switches that the team needs is going to be absolutely incredible, it's also going to be important that both play so teams can't start setting up to target either at CM to try and rob and counter off because everything always goes through them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Exactly what am saying in the other. totally over reacting..
    Take Wini he was brilliant in the Arsenal game.. everyone was shit against Villa. so Wijnadlum is being questioned. Oxlade is ghost.. So is Keita and so on This is the same midfield thats dominated the league for 2 seasons.. We just had a bad day on Sunday thats all.
    Lets make changes and so forth. Whos to say Curtis Jones will be able to control the physical aspect of the game when teams press us to death like Villa? Lets just get back to playing more like our old self. which prior to Villa we were..
    Possibly i've always been a fan of Wij myself, but there's always a lot of comments about him going missing and the whole contract situation- which is why he was on the "list"

Same with keita - he's a bit of a concern- I want him to do well but how long is he going to get? he has good games then goes to shit, either injury's- or just not really doing.... anything.

I don't think ox is good enough and injury prone. (he didn't really play that much last season to count him in as "dominating midfield")

and you can tell when henderson isn't playing we really shouldn't have to be reliable on him THAT much for our midfield not to go to shit

Going forward
    Henderson
    Thiago
    Jones
    Fabinho
    ??? (hopefully wij) but- is he going at end of season or what?
    ??? (I hope keita but he needs to start being consistent)
    Last edited by Kev0909; 6th October 2020 at 06:09 AM.

Moving forward we need a long term Hendo replacement and I think we should make signing Declan Rice in January or next summer a top priority if Jurgen thinks his mentality is right as there are some question marks about that as the lad has been known to be prone to being a bit of a dick at times. For me he is good in the press and tackle, has better distribution than any of our midfielders other than Henderson or Thiago and crucially can play the switch balls and he is a box to box player who has the same athleticism and drive that is of such a great benefit to us from Henderson and he can play LCM CM or RCM in our set up

We need midfielders who can press, have good reading of the game, athleticism and drive and can play the switch balls and whose passing is much better than most of our current midfielders

My bug bear with Keita is Jurgen rather than the player, for me Keita's best performances have all been from LCM, I've never seen him have a good game at RCM, yet Jurgen keeps playing him there, give the lad a run of games at LCM and see how he goes
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Moving forward we need a long term Hendo replacement and I think we should make signing Declan Rice in January
    Can only foresee that being hideously expensive, particularly with the "Ingurlund" tax.

Wonder if Sander Berge was ever on our radar.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

And he's young and it'd be in Jan. 80m easily. No thanks.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Thiago seems to be doing fine... Great news..

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...aking-19084836

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Thiago seems to be doing fine... Great news..

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...aking-19084836
    "Recieve" hahaha!

Fantastic spell-check work at the Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    "Recieve" hahaha!

Fantastic spell-check work at the Echo.
    Yep - pretty shocking.. in the darned headline too.