Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Everton

You cant compare eras of football. Now a days your expected to be supremely fit. Trying to attain that peak of fitness leads to injuries.
    You could get away with being half fit back in the day.. if it was in modern football and you were half fit. You would be dead on your feet by 50 minutes.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You cant compare eras of football. Now a days your expected to be supremely fit. Trying to attain that peak of fitness leads to injuries.
    You could get away with being half fit back in the day.. if it was in modern football and you were half fit. You would be dead on your feet by 50 minutes.
    I agree with you Justme but some people on this forum (and elsewhere) do compare sometimes.
    I just wonder whether there was more sense of resolve and duty back then. That was a very physical era with very small squad and people got a right bashing every game including goalie but still they turned out next game. That bashing required a different type of fitness.

Yep, running around with a broken collar is not a good idea.. ie blood clots can easily form. Like you say back then it was who can kick harder. Thankfully those days are gone.
    I know Matip is often injured. Its not by his own choice,He'd love to be playing who wouldnt? Just some players are more susceptive to muscle pulls and other repeating injuries.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Henderson, Gomez and Trent all on the bench fir England, good. Rest up for the weekend

Should less stress too after beating the Belgians. Hopefully they just watch

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Henderson, Gomez and Trent all on the bench fir England, good. Rest up for the weekend
    I take back everything I've said about Gareth.
    He's a great fella 😃😃

Jeez Maguire really is a useless lump.
    If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Now Pickford comes charging out getting in the way, resulting in a penalty. England down to ten and 1-0 down. Southgate has dropped all three Liverpool players and persisted with gimps like Pickford and Maguire who have both been shocking for club and country.

No time for England whatsoever

England look better with 10... That has got to hurt Maguire... Any bets on Kane getting a Dane sent off...? What a cheat the guy is

Gotta say though, that was a terrible decision to give Denmark a penalty, I donít even think there was a challenge by the defender, the Dane just stretched for the ball and fell over. Bizarre