Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Playing football with my mates after school was my level. Never good enough for any competitive leagues.
    Oh, me neither - we represented our school in tournaments and have played in some amateur ones with friends, but nothing more than that!

Best player I've ever played with at school is now a starting CB in the Dutch second division, so that should tell you something.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Oh, me neither - we represented our school in tournaments and have played in some amateur ones with friends, but nothing more than that!

Best player I've ever played with at school is now a starting CB in the Dutch second division, so that should tell you something.
    lol
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I used to play as a defender in the thournaments we entered - usually between five and nine a side. Was somewhat versatile though - have been used on the wing, in DM and even as a false nine on occasion.

My preferred positions are still as a ball carrying defender with an onus on long passing or as a DM, screening in front of the defence and thundering them in from range. Must be said that I'm a pretty small and physically weak guy, so I have to have a bigger stronger defender next to me though. Where did you used to / do you play?

I don't see how me not thinking Jota is particularly quick has anything to do with how creative I am / used to be on a pitch. David Silva's pretty slow but was still one of the most creative players the PL has ever seen. Not to mention all the registas of the near past.

Edit: My overall view on football is that it should be practiced efficiently and scientifically. Don't particularly like unnecessary showboating or a heavy onus on pure entertainment.
    1. I wouldn't expect you to.

2. Our views on football are polar opposites. Also playing efficiently isn't the only option out side of unnecessary showboating..

I used to be an out and out striker - played a lot on both wings too - nowadays play a bit deeper but only because the legs have gone.

Last edited by Steveo; 4th November 2020 at 03:35 PM.

Well of course you're going to be nice and cryptic after making an absurd claim. No way to weasel your way out of making a dick of yourself again otherwise. Is anyone surprised at this point?

Do you think he's as quick as Salah or Manč?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Ah, maybe the word "quick" is the sticking point here. I mean in terms of pace, not in terms of speed of thought or ball control or ability to move the ball on quickly. He looks... at least decent at those - too early to judge.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Well of course you're going to be nice and cryptic after making an absurd claim. No way to weasel your way out of making a dick of yourself again otherwise. Is anyone surprised at this point?

Do you think he's as quick as Salah or Manč?
    Nothing cryptic at all Bali - just highlighting your lack of vision and understanding. Goes with the territory of those who favour the scientific approach to the game over creativity.

If you can't see that Jota has plenty of pace - and need some numbers to reveal it - then I guess it just proves my assessment above.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th November 2020 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    He's no usain bolt but didn't you see his goals last night? certainly has some pace, had the beating of them defenders, firmino wouldn't be able to do that.
    Oh yeah, defo - just not on the same level as Manč or Salah.
    Yeah, Steveo, reading is for chumps. It's okay, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it some day.

I can't find the stats on his acceleration and top speed. FM seems to consider him slower than both Manč and Salah. FIFA too, although that's hardly a good measure.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Can't help you I'm afraid Bali - just going to have to go out and run along side all 3 of them to find out for yourself..

Aha - so basically you were talking horseshite again and have no way to back it up. To boot, you forgot how to read people's posts. Sound that.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Aha - so basically you were talking horseshite again and have no way to back it up. To boot, you forgot how to read people's posts. Sound that.
    Chill out Bali - go have a 4 knuckle shuffle or something. The only person chatting shite - as per usual - is the daft wanna be German Bulgar who thinks he understands English but clearly doesn't get the nuance all the time.