Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hahaha thought you might be on to contribute to this discussion.
    Thought he was very sharp when he came on and was unlucky with his finish, at least he hit the target unlike the other three strikers all night who were woeful in front of goal.
    Not starting may well just help jolt him out of the rut he’s been in. Happy for him to start v Wolves and I’m sure he will.
    Oh for sure, he's the only player up top looking sharp and not fucked

Probably done him a world of good having a bit of a rest, let's hope he carrys on because we need him to be at his best badly atm

His inclusion today, along with as many of our best 11 from our Champions league and Premier League winning best 11 in their best positions in our 433 made tonight's result
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Weakest performer in the team tonight mate. Wasn’t bad by any means but heavy touches were abundant - got in the way of multiple moves.

We would have won by more with Jota in his place IMO but likely would have made little difference. Love Bobby to bits but he needs to improve or the best he can hope for is a recessed role behind Diogo.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Weakest performer in the team tonight mate. Wasn’t bad by any means but heavy touches were abundant - got in the way of multiple moves.

We would have won by more with Jota in his place IMO but likely would have made little difference. Love Bobby to bits but he needs to improve or the best he can hope for is a recessed role behind Diogo.
    No, it's the donkey work dropping in that he doesn't get nearly enough credit for that helps this team play at it's best, it helps us control games and boss midfield far better and facilitates Mane and Mo doing what they're brilliant at more of the time

Jota's great, he's scored goals, but the overall team performance levels aren't as good when he plays, Jota time for me will come when we've got Thiago fit and Hendo, Gini and Thiago have had 3 or 4 games together

Thought he did quite ok tbh. Had that one absolutely glorious pass to Mane where we took a bit too long.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No, it's the donkey work dropping in that he doesn't get nearly enough credit for that helps this team play at it's best, it helps us control games and boss midfield far better and facilitates Mane and Mo doing what they're brilliant at more of the time

Jota's great, he's scored goals, but the overall team performance levels aren't as good when he plays, Jota time for me will come when we've got Thiago fit and Hendo, Gini and Thiago have had 3 or 4 games together
    But we were not controlling the game for most of the first half dude. Bobby in fact nearly gave a goal away before we broke and scored. He was fine - not bad but far from great. He worked hard and linked up quite well at times is about all you can say

As I said you could put Jota in there and we would have been the same only more potent IMO. Just my opinion mate.
    Last edited by Steveo; 6th December 2020 at 11:25 PM.

But we were not controlling the game for most of the first half dude. Bobby in fact nearly gave a goal away before we broke and scored. He was fine - not bad but far from great. He worked hard and linked up quite well at times is about all you can say

As I said you could put Jota in there and we would have been the same only more potent IMO. Just my opinion mate.
    The overall team performance just isn't as good when Jota starts, 3 or more seasons most of the other lads have played together, all those time served, built and formed relationships and knowledge and know how of each others games may not count for anything in your opinion, but in the real world, especially given the continuity of selection and formation we've enjoyed for 3 seasons, it counts for a hell of a lot more than people seem to realise

And boy did it show tonight

I'd actually say given we've had to change up how we play a little because of injuries and drop the line deeper and not have both full backs pushed as high with this having changed to much more of a 'one stays one goes' for the most part, we're already effectively 1 player short in the midfield area, so it's more important than ever Bobby plays for me

I'd love to know what distance he covers during a match compared to others as he never stops.

But we were not controlling the game for most of the first half dude
    This actually illustrates the importance of Mane and Mo's runs in behind on goal and in wide areas and having a player at CM who can find them with balls over the top and switches and how important that and everything that supports them doing that more frequently in games is to this team playing at it's highest levels is, Bobby dropping into midfield and the attempted switches and balls over the top from CB and down the line and over the top from our full backs when deeper

Wolves attempted quick start and Neco's undeserved early booking saw Jurgen move Hendo to RCM for a spell to protect him, that fucked up the distribution from CM Mane and Mo thrive on, literally a minute after Jurgen moved Hendo back to CM we scored courtesy of Coady's error trying to deal with Hendo's ball over the top under pressure from Mo and we bossed it from there onwards

Another thing i think people need to think about re Bobby is he is getting crowded out more at times because of the injury enforced 'one stays one goes' fullback situation, that one less option available to him makes it easier for teams to try and crowd him out because they have one less player high and wide in the midfield area to pick up