Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

That's more like it from him. And a great finish.

Bobby's back today shame he can't hit a barn door with his feet though, could of had at least 3

but doesn't matter, we won and his overall game was quality first touch/passing was the bobby of old

what is good is when we waste all these chances the game tends be over with anyway.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 22nd November 2020 at 10:36 PM.

13 of our 23 attempts were on target today and that doesn’t include the 3 that hit the woodwork
    That’s a decent ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    13 of our 23 attempts were on target today and that doesn’t include the 3 that hit the woodwork
    That’s a decent ratio.
    Encouraging that, in advance of Brighton/Wolves/Fulham.

By the time we have those League matches under our belt we hopefully have one or two of our lads back.

This season will be a grind but our lads are responding to the challenges this far.

I thought he was on it tonight when he came on. Some lovely touches and runs into dangerous areas. Though he should eluted that one on one with the keeper.
    Hopefully, fingers crossed Bobby's back.

Did well off the bench. Funny upfront tonight overall from us.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I thought he was on it tonight when he came on. Some lovely touches and runs into dangerous areas. Though he should eluted that one on one with the keeper.
    maybe it's the kick up the arse he needed

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We notably instantly had a lot more control of the game when he came on too, I go on and on and on about it, but we need to remember what won us a Champions League and Premier League, there are lots of highly developed relationships and interactions that have been built up over 3 and a half seasons, and making certain changes disrupts that and stops them functioning and if you fuck about with them enough, they don't function to the levels they used to when you put the pieces back in the same place.

We are doing really well, and this period is a huge test as most other top 6 sides have squads with more cover for each position and more experience and a big part of our success has been achieved through continuity of formation and selection and how the relationships between players have developed and been finely tuned through doing that. A lot of people here thinks it's fantasy football
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Not really he was only on for 22 mins, let's not get carried away that much

Ajax was tiring (they can't complain mind compared to us)

but we have a bigger squad at least

the other 3 had a mare kinda tonight, i'd give mane a break and start firmino next game with jota on the left

But depends on the midfield situation
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd December 2020 at 12:07 AM.

Hahaha thought you might be on to contribute to this discussion.
    Thought he was very sharp when he came on and was unlucky with his finish, at least he hit the target unlike the other three strikers all night who were woeful in front of goal.
    Not starting may well just help jolt him out of the rut he’s been in. Happy for him to start v Wolves and I’m sure he will.