Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Football was never rocket science I agree.

BUT 19 yet again you are wedded to something that simply isn’t true.

We were way below the same level in the CL last season playing the template you believe to be the only one that can ever work. This year despite no Virgil and half a team missing we qualified top - with a game to spare. And would have done so with 2 had we not played such a weakened team v Atalanta.

It doesn’t all boil down to one system and one way of playing mate. It really does not.

Steveo just knows his football on a far higher level to you fella - but recognises that perhaps the Kloppmeister might know a tiny bit more than both
    Steveo lad, you don't even appreciate how Bobby and having both our full backs high has supplemented our midfield attack and press since Jurgen arrived and how important that is or the importance of all our players being used to that for 5 yeas is

I don't indulge in fantasy manager relying purely on stats, i look at the team as a living breathing organism, like the human body in which all parts functioning however spectacularly or unspectacularly make the whole thing function to it's highest possible levels

I
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Football was never rocket science I agree.

BUT 19 yet again you are wedded to something that simply isn’t true.

We were way below the same level in the CL last season playing the template you believe to be the only one that can ever work. This year despite no Virgil and half a team missing we qualified top - with a game to spare. And would have done so with 2 had we not played such a weakened team v Atalanta.

It doesn’t all boil down to one system and one way of playing mate. It really does not.

Steveo just knows his football on a far higher level to you fella - but recognises that perhaps the Kloppmeister might know a tiny bit more than both
    Steveo lad, you don't even understand the importance and significance of both our full backs and our 9 supplementing our midfield and attack despite Jurgen having had them do that ever since he arrived

Oh Champions League? You are VERY good at illustrating my points, tougher group last season, but Fabinho at DM as in the Atletico first leg fiasco

Edit: Another to add to the growing list of poor results with Fab at CM, Napoli 2-0 Liverpool
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th December 2020 at 02:12 PM.

I've tried to be good lately, honestly i've tried, I've tried to be nice to him, i've tried to give him a break, he did show some glimspes of improving - which I commented on

But sorry that was a shambles again from him, maybe he knows Jota can't replace him now

Nowhere near good enough- he wasn't the only one, but it's every game with him apart from the odd glimspes of his oldself

FUck sake. sick of it, sick of him being in midfield and giving the ball away, instead of staying up and linking play, sick of him casually jogging about, sick of him hitting the ball like a fucking barbiegirl

Doesn't help the midfield is complete shit at times so he has to drop back to even get a touch of the ball

he's got 2 months to fast improve
    Last edited by Kev0909; 13th December 2020 at 07:53 PM.

Yep unfortunately produced absolutely nothing today, no closing down, no link play and no threat whatsoever.

I'll let Jurgen know.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'll let Jurgen know.
    Thanks mate, if he doesn't fast improve i'm sure there's a team in irish footie that'll take him?

Maybe I know there's high standards in that league he'll get on the bench at least?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 13th December 2020 at 08:03 PM.

The main issue today was he wasn't getting his passing right when dropping deep, which of course means we're potentially surrendering possession when we're in a vulnerable phase of play.

Still really rate him. Just isn't at his best right now and that is magnified when Mane isn't getting goals / we don't have Van Dijk on the field and so on.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The main issue today was he wasn't getting his passing right when dropping deep, which of course means we're potentially surrendering possession when we're in a vulnerable phase of play.

Still really rate him. Just isn't at his best right now and that is magnified when Mane isn't getting goals / we don't have Van Dijk on the field and so on.
    Yep, he needs to stop coming deep, like I said though it's not his fault he feels like he has to, because the midfield can't get grips of the game, it's happened more than enough times now it's becoming a issue

Especially when we're missing VVD because we're got at more..

He's always had peaks and troughs, always, when we didn't have anyone even nearly good enough to bring in for him, we played him through the troughs back into form

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

For the 5 years hes been at our club hes always given away the ball under pressure. Hes always got caught with the ball.
    For a number 9. His return for goals is not good enough..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century