Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223242526272831 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

This is way more like it.. He didnt drop off as much today. So in the right place to score the chances.. Needs to keep it up now.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Bobbys Back !!!
    Been getting closer and closer to his old self these last few games. Back with a bang today.

100% back, that winner v Spurs will really have boosted his confidence. His all round game today was nigh on perfect

And the smile is back. The rest of the league should be very very worried , as our forward line looked it's old self again.

More goals and more nutty celebrations please!

I think before slating a player in future people should look at changes in the set up and ask why in Bobby's case for example, he was having to come so deep so much of the time, in the last 2 games Jurgen has changed the full back positions and the way the midfield support them playing higher, which has allowed Bobby to play higher, rotate between all 3 forward positions and not have to drop as deep in midfield and the last 2 games we saw the results of that.

A team, particularly our team where its playing as a unit is it's greatest strength, changing one or two things, affects other things and other players

People were slating or questioning our midfield just last week, yet they had been being outnumbered because of the change of full back position, now Jurgen has addressed that.................
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 19th December 2020 at 04:44 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

19 - Bobby has been off it more than on it - since the Club World Cup.. that was a YEAR ago.

It hasn’t been the last few games or even just this season.

For the record- we were poor v Fulham and should have lost. Played far better on Wednesday but got a few breaks in not going behind to Bergwijn and Kane - today - first half we are 3 up against the run of play before blowing them away second half.

I find it extremely doubtful that you know better than Jurgen does.

We have had 2 great wins and a fortunate draw in our last 3 games. It’s great - and Bobby is looking more like his old self - it’s great but doesn’t mean the past didn’t exist.

This being wedded to one setup - one formula and minus any ability to change even one or two players would be going down a blind alley. Great teams need to adapt - as we have - and cope with different personnel - which is a by product of any normal season with injuries and players leaving or coming in.
    Last edited by Steveo; 19th December 2020 at 05:11 PM.

I think you're misinterpreting my post, Jurgen has changed up the last 2 games, very obviously so, there has been an adjustment of the full back positions so the midfield isn't outnumbered and Bobby can play higher and I was giving him credit for that

Was Bobby of it when he scored our crucial winners against Spurs and Wolves? There were more than that too, goals and assists

Only someone who fails to recognise the subtle changes Jurgen makes would post what you have in your last paragraph, Jurgen has changed things, quite bored of idiots making this broad sweeping statement about me, I actually appreciate that the system and way of playing has numerous permatations, it is several systems in one and Jurgen tweaks it all the time. What for me he has done in the last 2 games is make changes for the midfield and forward line to work as well as it did with the high line with a deeper line and all credit to him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I may be misinterpreting you but seemed you were suggesting that the system change was the reason why Firmino has not been on it of late.

I am saying he has been mostly off it for nearly a year. And that any systemic change has been to cope with fatigue AND to make us less easy to figure.

As for “Idiots”...? Well come on geezer the constant trolling of Kev - and your selective reasoning don’t really equate with a mastermind do they.?

Also v Wolves as stated he was anonymous in the game - had no impact on the goals or the result - quite the reverse in fact. Just my opinion..

V Spurs he was much improved

It is great he is finding form again - nobody - NOBODY out there rooting for him more than me - but I am not going to pretend his longer term dip was the fault of Klopp.
    Last edited by Steveo; 19th December 2020 at 06:04 PM.

His 2nd goal he started the move just outside his own box then busted a lung getting into the box to finish it. A brilliant goal by a world class player.
    And as for the finish for his first, WOW !!!