Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

On "Red Chaff" some are stll saying that Martial is better than Firmino.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    They can keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Red Chaff - sounds like a new breed of Warbler.?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I may be misinterpreting you but seemed you were suggesting that the system change was the reason why Firmino has not been on it of late.

I am saying he has been mostly off it for nearly a year. And that any systemic change has been to cope with fatigue AND to make us less easy to figure.

As for “Idiots”...? Well come on geezer the constant trolling of Kev - and your selective reasoning don’t really equate with a mastermind do they.?

Also v Wolves as stated he was anonymous in the game - had no impact on the goals or the result - quite the reverse in fact. Just my opinion..

V Spurs he was much improved

It is great he is finding form again - nobody - NOBODY out there rooting for him more than me - but I am not going to pretend his longer term dip was the fault of Klopp.
    Trolling Kev? Well, I'll admit I was a little, but his absolute joy at thoroughly disrespecting Bobby a couple of weeks back and how large he was giving it and running Bobby down when Jota bagged a few pissed me right off, so he thoroughly deserved it.

And he was also trolling Hendo the last couple of games too

I don't have selective reasoning, my reasoning I very much always focused on the team and the team playing at it's best'

I don't do new next bestest thing, I don't do knee jerk if someone who has been a regular fantastic contributor has a dip in form, or they are obviously working on expanding/evolving their game or it seems apparent to me that other changes that have been necessary are impacting on their ability to play at their best.

I don't do sentiment either though, as in, if I see evolution and the team playing to much higher levels with a different player in a position over a number of games, then what someone else has done, in a different style prior to the evolution, 2 years ago which never achieved the same levels of performance or consistency of results doesn't cut it for me

We can't include players on the basis of what they did 2 years ago prior to the team evolving, we have to move forward, and if they want to be included in a certain position they used to be the best in, albeit for a period of only 6 months/half a season, then they have to work as hard as the lad who took their place did to develop their game and take it as they absolutely should have to, they shouldn't just have it handed to them, Shanks, Bob, Joe, Kenny would never, NEVER in a million years have had it, and rightly so

That's the Liverpool way over 6 decades, someone comes in does better than you consistently over numerous games and the team plays far better with them in your place and the results are better, the shirt and that spot is theirs, and it's down to you to work your bollocks off to evolve and improve your own game to take it back when your chances, which are now more limited present themselves
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Well they are 'bird brained' on there.

@19 great post BTW - it doesn’t always come across like that and maybe I have misunderstood you. Apologies.

Kev is really just having a laugh most of the time mate - he is clearly as happy for anyone to do as well as anyone else - just as long as they’re in a Liverpool shirt. Aren’t we all...?

Don’t take his posts too seriously.
    Last edited by Steveo; 19th December 2020 at 10:55 PM.

Fabinho at CB...
    SENSATIONAL.

klopp was right not replacing Lovren right now.

Fabinho has grown quite quickly into the best CB in England.

Unbelievable.

Fabinho is unreal. Really is. In terms of who you wouldn't want to lose to a long-term injury, he is probably too of my list right now.

It's not that he is our "best" player - but there is an argument that he is the "most useful" player. A Swiss Army Knife within the tool-box, as it were.

Just a joy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Fabinho at CB...
    SENSATIONAL.

klopp was right not replacing Lovren right now.

Fabinho has grown quite quickly into the best CB in England.

Unbelievable.
    I absolutely wholeheartedly agree, he has been absolutely fantastic at CB and long may that continue and for the record, for 6 months of his time prior to that, when he played as an out and out DM before that position evolved into a CM role, I thought he was absolutely fantastic.

I'm not meaning him any disrespect whatsoever when I say from everything I have seen from him that I'm not sure he'll ever be a CM, he's a VERY good out and out DM, but even in that role I'd now prefer Hendo because his distribution and organising everyone around him is just so much better

And let's be honest, as I think my continuous high praise of Captain Fantastic is misunderstood, NONE of us. not a single one of us expected Hendo to take his game to the levels he has when the opportunity to play CM presented itself to him last season, I'm still in absolute awe of the quantum leap and evolution he made to his game and the team in the face of competition and threat to his place and potentially even his future, to me what he has done and how hard he has worked to achieve it is absolutely brilliant and what competition for places and working your bollocks off to make the spot your own again is and should be all about
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 19th December 2020 at 11:21 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Joking aside, any Bird nerds on here?

That's another one of my hobbies.