Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

I agree we dont need to bomb Firmino out if he becomes a squad player that makes us stronger.

If anyone goes it is likely to be Salah but can anyone offer us what we would want/take.

I dont want Salah to go but he isnt a lifelong LFC fan and with what i've seen over the last decade elite players tell clubs they are leaving.

Patson Daka is one to keep an eye on my only concern is the African Nations.

That is why I dont see us replacing Gini with that lad at Brighton.

Salah and Mane will need replacing eventually but I can't see either of them leaving soon. The likes of Mbappe and Haaland are more appealing to Real Madrid Barca Bayern Juve etc

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Salah and Mane will need replacing eventually but I can't see either of them leaving soon. The likes of Mbappe and Haaland are more appealing to Real Madrid Barca Bayern Juve etc
    CL football is what all these top players want to be involved in each year. The 4 clubs you mention can virtually guarantee them that, but that says as much about how weak their leagues are compared to ours, as much as anything else. Failing that, they could all sign for Celtic or Rangers lol
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    That is a positive for us.

They are only 28/29 and Ronaldo/Messi even Zlaton have shown if you have the hunger/desire you can keep playing at a high standard in your mid 30s.

Don't forget Robben who was a bit of a sick note but still devastating in his 30s.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Why would they want to stay here if we don't even make top4 which is a risk???

they've been here long enough won champions league & premier league

you are off your head if you think salah will stay much longer

plus it's stale up top, things need to change

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Don't forget Robben who was a bit of a sick note but still devastating in his 30s.
    True and Ribery seemed to be around for ever !

I have nothing to support this just a gut feel but I think our league takes it out of players more examples of packed fixtures with 2 cups

You can add EVERY major league having 5 subs whilst Covid is around even English leagues below Championship & League one/two have this but we dont its pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

I think you might be right Kev, Salah gave a hint in that interview.

He didnt directly say I want to go as he cant but if he has his mind set on Spain as we have seen before there is nothing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

I mean I wouldn't really begrudge him leaving. If Real comes a-callin' with a good wad of cash and he really wants to go, we should't stand in his way.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Yeah, hopefully not I don't want him to, but can see it happening he's not exactly stevie G who was even tempted at one point to leave!

I do wonder a bit if something has happened behind the scenes, we seem very "off" the togetherness isn't really there anymore, I don't see much passion/shouting etc even from Henderson.. weird

Maybe they're just not as motivated anymore? who knows
    Last edited by Kev0909; 18th January 2021 at 01:51 PM.