Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1720212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

Firmino can drop deeper, he isn’t an instinctive striker most of the times. He has an eye for the ball and a decent passer, when he actually gets it through.

Salah, jota, mane
    Frimino, Thiago
    Hendo

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yeah, hopefully not I don't want him to, but can see it happening he's not exactly stevie G who was even tempted at one point to leave!

I do wonder a bit if something has happened behind the scenes, we seem very "off" the togetherness isn't really there anymore, I don't see much passion/shouting etc even from Henderson.. weird

Maybe they're just not as motivated anymore? who knows
    Nobody is as pumped without a crowd it is having a huge affect not just us but most teams.

Being in bubbles in sport and not having a release to see friends and family will take its toll they are only human.

All well and good BUT we all know this would barely get a mention were we 12 points clear at the topn no of the table.

In fact rival fans would be saying it instead.

Once again - defending a title is much harder than winning one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    All well and good BUT we all know this would barely get a mention were we 12 points clear at the topn no of the table.

It is much harder to defend a title history tells you that.

Not easy with your 3 best CBs out either !

Added NOBODY has had to ever defend a title with Covid and packed fixture lists.

I said all of the above before a ball was kicked I worked out ages ago we are not winning the league so no sour grapes but this is the real ASTERISK season but funny thats not getting a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

GREAT teams find the mental fortitude to win back to back leagues. this team is good but historically not a great.

we have players like salad who are mentally weak. yes many will be shocked but he’s never been there when the chips are down.

missed sitters in sf at barca.
    cried out in the final in kiev. could have stayed on till half time and fight.
    not needed in the 4-0 vs barca.his contribution was a shitty little tee.
    apart from a lucky pen, did nothing in the final in madrid.

for me no - lless said about this pile of dung the better.

there are others who are also hiding like sick notes ox, matip, and keita.

this is the time to fight your way to the title for the fans. come may, fans allowed in and it’s being celebrated in manchester?? that should drive this team on.

Name one GREAT side that has won a title with two of their main CBs out all season ?

Matip will play 30-40% of games at best.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It is much harder to defend a title history tells you that.

Not easy with your 3 best CBs out either !

Added NOBODY has had to ever defend a title with Covid and packed fixture lists.

I said all of the above before a ball was kicked I worked out ages ago we are not winning the league so no sour grapes but this is the real ASTERISK season but funny thats not getting a mention.
    But it's 2 CB's out - Matip is always in and out of the squad. Nothing unusual in his lack of fitness this season - in fact I bet he plays more games this season than last..

If we are brutally honest - it's Virgil that is the big miss here. We could have Fabinho and Virgil - Matip and Virgil or even one of Phillips /Williams and Virgil... Sadly it is that one player that makes such a huge difference to us. He would in any team to be fair but to our game in particular.
    Last edited by Steveo; 18th January 2021 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Name one GREAT side that has won a title with two of their main CBs out all season ?

Matip will play 30-40% of games at best.
    I wouldn't say this team is a great one, though it could be in time. I will be very lucky if i'm ever able to see one as good as those in the 80s. They continually won trophies from the start of the decade to the end. This one has a long way to go to match that, and only VVD would come near to getting a place in there.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Robbo and Becker also. Both as good and consistent as any I have seen in their positions and I’ve been going since ‘71

You cant compare 80s to modern day football. Most teams played 4-4-2 back then.Not 4 at the back and 2 midfielders in front and have all your forwards 45 yards out from goal. That's the only way teams stop us from winning..
    They are happy no losing to us.they have zero intentions of winning themselves mind.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century