Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep and more alarmingly we can all be fairly certain that we only get Virgil and most probably Alisson following the incredible money offered by Barca for Coutinho.
    One of the more reliable journos had done a piece which suggested that one of those deals (I think it was for Alisson) was happening regardless of the Coutinho situation. If I come across that I will, though will not sit for long on Google as I have a broken finger at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    One of the more reliable journos had done a piece which suggested that one of those deals (I think it was for Alisson) was happening regardless of the Coutinho situation. If I come across that I will, though will not sit for long on Google as I have a broken finger at the moment.
    Sid - think for a minute mate, how would any journo actually know this nugget - who would tell them?And then why publish it..? To what end?

That would be a classic feed. Come on this is a business now valued at over $1.3 Billion - admittedly that’s about what Spurs paid for their stadium but still - it is a huge enterprise - PR is managed - do you honestly believe anyone outside the ownership would know their actual intention?

Sid - think for a minute mate, how would any journo actually know this nugget - who would tell them?And then why publish it..? To what end?

That would be a classic feed. Come on this is a business now valued at over $1.3 Billion - admittedly that’s about what Spurs paid for their stadium but still - it is a huge enterprise - PR is managed - do you honestly believe anyone outside the ownership would know their actual intention?
    While what you're insinuating is possibly true (and the cynic inside me might be inclined to believe it), that "Cui bono?" argument can be applied to any sort of news ever. E.g. who benefits from people reporting about about Trump's indiscretions in power? Or China's machinations in Australia?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Absolutely Bali.

And Trumps indiscretions in power - abhorrent though they are - did not result in the deaths of between 1.3 and 2 million people ( just in Iraq alone ). All due to an illegal war - pushed by the entirety of the very same media...using completely phoney - cooked up “intel” like WMD.

The Bush’s and Blair’s are part and parcel of the same establishment both multi millionaires ( Even Blair’s son just announced at worth over £75 million) who have huge political influence despite the blood on their hands. There are no journo’s doing what they should and reporting on this crime against humanity.. Why would there be - who will pay for that story?

Here’s an article on scale - like all articles it isn’t definitive but it at least uses multiple supposedly “independent” sources to find a conclusion .. I have used more conservative numbers

https://www.salon.com/2018/03/19/the...-iraq_partner/

Journo’s get payed to write stories. Writing/reporting on a club - it’s intentions and goals comes almost exclusively from a voice within that club.
    Last edited by Steveo; 20th January 2021 at 09:49 AM.

For sure, Steveo - just saying that it's not really an argument for or against the validity of a story - more like a "smell", if I'm allowed to use some programmer lingo.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

That would be a classic feed.
    Perhaps you're right. I know Achterberg is said to have followed Alisson for a prolonged spell and we don't know when genuine interest began to become something "real" but sure, saves me digging.

What’s the betting he has cast his eye over Haaland or Mbappe, hell let’s add Lionel bloomin Messi too..

Always an element of undeniability with any good PR. That’s what makes it work.

Great to see Bobby starting to look more like himself today with what should have been 3 glorious assists, scored our winners in our last 2 games v Spurs too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Great to see Bobby starting to look more like himself today with what should have been 3 glorious assists, scored our winners in our last 2 games v Spurs too
    I agree, let's hope its not a one off like v palace

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    On Spurs, would be great if we could get at them and catch them cold - the level of opposition they have faced since ourselves and Leicester (losing both games) hasn't been the highest.