Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

Firmino should be dropped hes not been worth his place for a while.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Of those who'd drop Firmino, what 11 and what selection?

I wouldnt change the formation.. i would have Minamino in the 11. We arent gonna change from the 4//3/3 line up.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I wouldnt change the formation.. i would have Minamino in the 11. We arent gonna change from the 4//3/3 line up.
    I'd rather play firminio....

Miniamino isn't the answer to anything- what makes you think that?

which is why we need to sell the likes of origi and some others to get a ST in that can actually challenge him.

For now all we can hope is he picks up form again, i've been onto him a lot and glad others have picked up on it but we sold the only player i'd give a chance to over him who can find the net and actually finish, so you know.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 6th October 2020 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I'd rather play firminio....

Miniamino isn't the answer to anything- what makes you think that?

which is why we need to sell the likes of origi and some others to get a ST in that can actually challenge him.

For now all we can hope is he picks up form again.
    Minamino is definitely not any sort of replacement for Bobby, he's not even a false No9, Jurgen's trying to make him one, without very much joy as he's desperately struggling with his lack of height and physicality in the Premier League trying to play in there, the lad played mostly at RFWD at Salzburg, they didn't have a false 9 at all, they had Halaand through the centre
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I just think Minimino is more mobile right now and is likely to turn and run forward. Firmino basically plays with his back to goal most of the time..
    When teams press us we need some forward that can turn the attack. I don t have issues with Firmino playing if we decide to have a deep line in midfield and defence.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I just think Minimino is more mobile right now and is likely to turn and run forward. Firmino basically plays with his back to goal most of the time..
    When teams press us we need some forward that can turn the attack. I don t have issues with Firmino playing if we decide to have a deep line in midfield and defence.
    Villa didn't press us in the sense we press teams, they set up to congest midfield, nick it off us in midfield and release midfielders either side or in behind Fabinho knowing we'd HAVE to try and play through the area they congested because we didn't have a single midfielder in the line up capable of playing the switch balls that completely disarm opposition who set up to try and do that.

It was exactly the same tactic so many sides profited from adopting against us against the same midfield who aren't as good in the press and are severely lacking in distribution just over half way through the 2018-2019 season, exact;y the same

Bobby benefits immensely from the switches and better distribution, they are very important to him playing at his best, as they are to Mane, Mo and both our full backs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just found the net for Brazil. Hopefully this gives him the confidence boost that he needs in front of goal

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Just found the net for Brazil. Hopefully this gives him the confidence boost that he needs in front of goal
    He comes off after 70 minutes after having bagged a second

The perfect tonic... Get in Bobby..