Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

All together now,
    "THE BEST IN THE WORLD, BOBBY FIRMINO " !!

About bloody time lad 😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    All together now,
    "THE BEST IN THE WORLD, BOBBY FIRMINO " !!

About bloody time lad ����
    Agreed, who the fuck is this Diogo fella?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Bobby was absolutely brilliant tonight, if he plays like that from now to the end of the season it will go a long way to putting some silverware in the trophy cabinet.

Trouble is ....

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Agreed, who the fuck is this Diogo fella?
    Unhinged...

Super performance that.

If he were to produce that sort of level against Man City and against Leipzig there will be a real sense of zip about the season.

Yep - and having watched plenty of the game now - after review - the goal might look fairly easy but his positioning and run make it such. He attacks the space with conviction- like a number 9 - and guess what happens.... Boom..!

Much MUCH better from him all over - he was also excellent v Spurs at Anfield. We do desperately need Bobby to find his mojo. Hopefully this is the start.

For us to work - we need 2 of that 3 firing. Last night Mané and Bobby - Salah no slouch either and HTF was his goal ruled out.?

Another contribution against West Ham.

If this is him coming back into form again, you can't not love the timing when you look at the upcoming fixtures.

That was Bobby at his best for the 3rd goal. Wanted him to shoot at the time - but the pass just makes it a certain goal. Fabulous play.

Don’t want to jinx it but he is looking more and more like his old self

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That was Bobby at his best for the 3rd goal. Wanted him to shoot at the time - but the pass just makes it a certain goal. Fabulous play.

Well of course you would! A StrIkEr WhO pAsSeS thErE Is nO rEAl sTRikEr.

Bah, you know I have it in for strikers tbf.

Jokes aside, that's an absolute sign of class. Great goal. Oxo not to be underestimated either.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Remember how Bobby was with Coutinho? Although a very different player the passing and creativity of Thiago and the different possibilities that offers the team is something i said i believed would greatly benefit Bobby and help him rediscover his very best when some people were merrily writing him off. "Give Bobby a chance and a run of games with our best midfield" with Thiago in it" is something i continually repeated, he still hasn't had that, but i do believe Thiago being available now has absolutely helped

Like to see him with Thiago Hendo and Gini, he and Hendo on the high press, robbing teams and creating from there working off each other worked absolutely brilliantly last season, Bobby's winner v Wolves was my favourite goal of last season, it was press and counter press perfection

Don't think we'll get to see it this season, or much of it, i think Hendo will likely play most of our remaining games at CB, his passing from there makes a big difference as we have been sorely missing Virgil's ability at that, Matips pretty damned good at it too, but he just can't stay fit
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”