Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

Do we need 2 threads for this plank??

and oh look it was a one off!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Do we need 2 threads for this plank??

and oh look it was a one off!!
    Hahaha

A little, and I mean a little positive to come out of todays game. That assist from Bobby for our goal. As they say form is temporary, Class is permanent.
    Roll on next season .

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    A little, and I mean a little positive to come out of todays game. That assist from Bobby for our goal. As they say form is temporary, Class is permanent.
    Roll on next season .
    Literally the only thing he did..

"Bobby. Today is the perfect example of his contributions to the team. The goal will have some diehard fans purring at his contribution to the team. And it was sublime skill. But my brother could do that on a Sunday morning, and he was 18 stone. He did nowt else, other than shout a lot and in general be quite abusive to officials and opponents."

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Literally the only thing he did..
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Roll on next season .
    Looked accidental to me. I still don't know how he didn't beat Schmeichel when he shot straight at his hand but I think someone was offside in the build up anyway

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Looked accidental to me. I still don't know how he didn't beat Schmeichel when he shot straight at his hand but I think someone was offside in the build up anyway
    Hendo.

As the saying goes, "there's more than one way to skin a rabbit"

The difference of personell in midfield and enforced changes to how we play have seen too many teams be able to crowd Bobby out, but as with anything, you have to try and turn any negative into a positive.

Thiago's type of passing he's best at isn't really what we need against park the bus sides, but surely we can try to change that and the Bobby situation at the same time?

Teams seem so intent on trying to crowd Bobby out, often with 2 or 3 players converging on him as soon as the ball goes into him, so it's surely worth trying to use him to move those 2 or 3 opposition players or draw them in to create gaps for Thiago to find Mo or Mane wide or with outside in runs, must be worth working on you'd think

I don't think we've done enough of having him come towards the ball as it's played and popping it wide first time or straight back to Thiago having moved those 2 or 3 players from centre to left or centre to right with his run to create a gap, with Mo or Mane or both (so one can potentially play in the other first time) making outside in runs either

And Bobby would ideally look to spin to then head towards the opposition area immediately after laying the ball off quickly, rather than trying to gather and turn with the ball, have him moving those players to create gaps, laying it off first time and then spinning to head into the opposition box and potentially receive the ball from Mo or Mane facing goal already ahead of the players looking to crowd him out

I think it's worth looking at as teams have been crowding him out very successfully, have been dedicating 2 or 3 players to doing it and keep trying to use him and play it to him as we always have, without the support of 2 high pressing midfielders to back him up, as we have been doing isn't working for us or him or Thiago, so hopefully we try and turn that negative into a positive and try something a little different

The way sides are trying to crowd him out and the number of players they're using to try and do it is surely something we can work on exploiting.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just so many possibilities that could be opened up using Bobby to move those 2 or 3 players, popping it off first time backwards or sideways

if he comes wider towards either full back advanced, that'll take 6 or 7 opposition players into that area with the full back and Mo or Mane being there, only needs the full back to play it into him and continue their run beyond him and him to lay it off first time back to Thiago and there are loads of possibilities there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He could start off by getting back to his pressing best