Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132

Thread: Firmino 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    He could start off by getting back to his pressing best
    His pressing best was supported and made possible by the midfield full backs and both other forwards all collectively doing it much better, you can't do it to the incredible levels of our 15 game purple patch last season without all the others doing it to that same level, that's how a team press and counter press works
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    His pressing best was supported and made possible by the midfield full backs and both other forwards all collectively doing it much better, you can't do it to the incredible levels of our 15 game purple patch last season without all the others doing it to that same level, that's how a team press and counter press works
    He's pressed well enough for seasons, his own pressing has been poor over the last while/weeks.

Whichever position Henderson is playing, Bobby still has to use his own legs to run.

Ps when he heads a ball, whichever position Henderson is playing, he still has to use his own head

Crowded out again last night for the most part, we've really got to use this to our advantage, you want to crowd Bobby out with 3 players? Fine, we're going to have Bobby move your 3 players to areas Thiago or Hendo can take them completely out of the game with one pass to the opposite side on inside opposite side

Bobby's got to stop trying to turn now, there's always 2 or 3 players on him and he's turning into trouble almost all the time, we need to be a lot lot smarter and he needs to start turning and making forward runs after he's popped the ball off first time wide, square or back to a player to pick a pass or switch if popped wide to a full back to the one or two players on the opposite side from where Bobby's run their 2 or 3 into

People are having a constant pop at Bobby and not without reason, but we have to look at Jurgen and the coaching and analysis staff too and ask why have we continued to persist with trying to play through Bobby with 2 or 3 players constantly immediately on him and haven't tried to use that to our advantage and him to take those 2 or 3 out of he game by running them into an area to open up gaps elsewhere
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”