Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Klopp will be aware that Firmino isn't scoring many. I'm sure he must be contributing to the team otherwise he would have been dropped. He has never scored as many as Salah and Mane anyway.
    Deluded, you can tell when he was contributing to the team, at the moment it's like playing with 10 men

he needs a rest for his own good

Imagine if this team didn't have salah or mane, firmino wouldn't get into other teams first 11 around us

They constantly bail him out

he's not assisting he's losing the ball all the time he's not doing anything oh sorry he did pass it forward once for a assist a few games ago and scored into a empty net from 2 yards and i've seen 10 year old's shoot better and with more power
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd November 2020 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You mean like Jota has been doing off the bench
    And long may that continue, it's always good to have a player doing something a little different to what defenders with tired legs have worn out trying to defend for 70 minutes who can come off the bench and grab a goal.

It can become a huge psychological advantage too if they do it enough
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Deluded, you can tell when he was contributing to the team, at the moment it's like playing with 10 men

he needs a rest for his own good

Imagine if this team didn't have salah or mane, firmino wouldn't get into other teams first 11 around us

They constantly bail him out

he's not assisting he's losing the ball all the time he's not doing anything oh sorry he did pass it forward once for a assist a few games ago and scored into a empty net from 2 yards and i've seen 10 year old's shoot better and with more power
    I'm not interested whether he'd get into other clubs first team or not. He plays for us at the moment.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I'm not interested whether he'd get into other clubs first team or not. He plays for us at the moment.
    You sure?

I'm sure he's playing for the opposition half the time, can't really tell

You sure?

If it's bothering you that much, have a word with Klopp.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

You sure?

Not really surprising - plenty you don't seem to see on a football pitch.

But jokes aside - he has looked out of sorts. For all the stick I give Taki, Bobby's looked almost as bad in most games this season, strangely bar that one game where he played more as an attacking midfielder and was excellent.

Eventually Klopp will drop him for a meaningful game - then we'll see how we perform without him.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

If it's bothering you that much, have a word with Klopp.
    He's very stubborn otherwise he'd of been dropped a while ago

I'm not sure why he can't have a break and hopefully come back after a bit back to his oldself, but we've not seen him anywhere near his best for far to long..

Something needs to change

Jota has done more than enough in my eyes to prove he can start, he can play there, he works hard, he can assist and he can score- what's the issue? how is it possible firmino is STILL starting over him in his form? Firmino needs a rest and sort himself out

Jota's previous stats aren't exactly amazing, but he has the players around him now, and Klopp managing him.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd November 2020 at 04:57 PM.

Jota has done more than enough in my eyes to prove he can start, he can play there, he works hard, he can assist and he can score- what's the issue? how is it possible firmino is STILL starting over him in his form?
    We've got as far as we have through Jurgen keeping incredible consistency of selection and system for 3 seasons running, I've seen more than enough already this season with him breaking that habit and moving players position and relationships and interactions that have been absolutely sensational for us not functioning anywhere near their best or ceasing to function entirely.

So it isn't as straight forward as bringing him in for Bobby, because when he has featured he hasn't come on as false 9, he's played Mane's position, which he doesn't play as well as Mane, so to bring him in Jurgen's most likely moving Mane and Salah and breaking their respective relationships and interactions with Robbo and Trent, so it is a risk, because disturbing some relationships can affect every other player on the pitch
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Now you gotta believe me,
    Now you gotta believe,
    Now you gotta believe me,
    Jota's better than firminooooo

#Prayforbobby

Will we though? Will we really? Considering he didn't play in the same role?

I think you're all more likely to believe me, who's been advocating for Mane to go through the middle and link up play more, should Bobby eventually get his rest.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non