Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmino 20/21

Bobby didn't do to bad when he came on some good interplay, but on the other hand one ball he really messed up to control and could of been in, and gave the ball away twice that nearly ended up with them scoring.

Not sure what's up with him, is it physical? does he need to see someone about his head?

After tonight he's probably got PTSD after watching Jota

I mean he should defo be worried. If our interplay doesn't suffer without him and make us toothless against teams not really defenisvely up to it (like Atalanta were today), he's not got much reason to be on the pitch.

I'm guessing some rest would do him good. But he might not get it, considering Jota limped off. Hope it's nothing bad.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Bobby didn't do to bad when he came on some good interplay, but on the other hand one ball he really messed up to control and could of been in, and gave the ball away twice that nearly ended up with them scoring.

Not sure what's up with him, is it physical? does he need to see someone about his head?

After tonight he's probably got PTSD after watching Jota
    Tonight we played with a very definite shift of all 3 forwards making runs in behind, throughout Bobby's time with us we have almost always used him deeper, linking play getting hold of the ball, playing as an extra midfielder a lot of the time when we lose the ball, generally doing all the hard graft to support Mane and Mo being able to play constantly on the shoulder of the last defenders

With Thiago in midfield playing the passes too, I think that will be our front 3 for the forseeable, another midfielder who can pass the ball, never mind one who can pass it like Thiago to find those runs. It's a big adjustment for Bobby, he plays as a proper 9 for Brazil quite a lot and scores more, if we're going to set up like that Bobby has to adjust to playing as an out and out forward and making those runs in behind too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I don't think he's fast enough but time will tell

maybe watching jota last night will make him up his game, fingers crossed

Tbf I don't think Jota's all that pacy either, though ti might be just his nonchalace that makes it look that way.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Tbf I don't think Jota's all that pacy either, though ti might be just his nonchalace that makes it look that way.
    He's no usain bolt but didn't you see his goals last night? certainly has some pace, had the beating of them defenders, firmino wouldn't be able to do that.

Oh yeah, defo - just not on the same level as Manč or Salah.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

You're a defender aren't you Bali. It seems clear from everything you say about the game - creativity is not your strong point - I am just assuming here.. But feels like that.

"I don't think Jota's all that pacy". hmm

I used to play as a defender in the thournaments we entered - usually between five and nine a side. Was somewhat versatile though - have been used on the wing, in DM and even as a false nine on occasion.

My preferred positions are still as a ball carrying defender with an onus on long passing or as a DM, screening in front of the defence and thundering them in from range. Must be said that I'm a pretty small and physically weak guy, so I have to have a bigger stronger defender next to me though. Where did you used to / do you play?

I don't see how me not thinking Jota is particularly quick has anything to do with how creative I am / used to be on a pitch. David Silva's pretty slow but was still one of the most creative players the PL has ever seen. Not to mention all the registas of the near past.

Edit: My overall view on football is that it should be practiced efficiently and scientifically. Don't particularly like unnecessary showboating or a heavy onus on pure entertainment.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 4th November 2020 at 03:18 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I used to play as a defender in the thournaments we entered - usually between five and nine a side. Was somewhat versatile though - have been used on the wing, in DM and even as a false nine on occasion.

My preferred positions are still as a ball carrying defender with an onus on long passing or as a DM, screening in front of the defence and thundering them in from range. Must be said that I'm a pretty small and physically weak guy, so I have to have a bigger stronger defender next to me though. Where did you used to / do you play?

I don't see how me not thinking Jota is particularly quick has anything to do with how creative I am / used to be on a pitch. David Silva's pretty slow but was still one of the most creative players the PL has ever seen. Not to mention all the registas of the near past.

Edit: My overall view on football is that it should be practiced efficiently and scientifically. Don't particularly like unnecessary showboating or a heavy onus on pure entertainment.
    Playing football with my mates after school was my level. Never good enough for any competitive leagues.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.