Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New moneyball investment

Snooker is massive in China
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Honestly I'd look at the individuals rather than some national stereotype, even if was based on reality. I know what you're getting at though, of couse.

I would agree with you on that in most walks of life and scenarios - but in sports ownership...? Where passion is key.. Where huge money is involved - expecting good faith and relying on a group from a nation which all but disregards football entirely ...?

Seems naive to me.

Heading the ball is fine. A lot of the footballers of bygone days suffer/suffered from Dementia due to heading balls in the 40s 50s 60s etc when the leather ball got wet it was like heading a concrete slab.
    Nothing better than seeing a centre back of the opposition running into the box attacking a corner and heading the ball past the goalie before he has time to say what the fook is happening here.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I would agree with you on that in most walks of life and scenarios - but in sports ownership...? Where passion is key.. Where huge money is involved - expecting good faith and relying on a group from a nation which all but disregards football entirely ...?

Seems naive to me.
    Why is passion key? It's about making the right decisions. Passion, if anything, is detrimental to that.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Why is passion key? It's about making the right decisions. Passion, if anything, is detrimental to that.
    Right decisions on what.???

A football club is not just a business. That is the problem. I donít see how you could run a club long term with absolutely no passion for the sport at all.?

If a club is simply a business then actual success is measured in profit. Here is the problem. My club can make more profit than yours without winning a bean. But what about the fans..?

One club could do better deals - get lucky - punch above its weight - win 2 titles and make a £300 million profit while another can win 5 titles and break even. If passion is absent what is the incentive.? It is sport. Sport isnít business. Business plays its part naturally but football is tribal. It is all about passion

Ah, now I see.

Yeah, this just circles back to the point I was making about the differing objective functions.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Bali mate - what are you on about Football an irrelevance in a China...??

China is literally football mad - Crazy in fact so not sure what you are on about - is that an American Map...? Joke.. Also it simply states the most popular sport. In India football is rivalling Cricket - Cricket!!í Japan too most successful football league in Asia and football rivals baseball. Do you have any idea how many football shirts are sold in China and India...? Football is one of or the major sports virtually across the globe except the US whet there are 3 or 4 more popular sports. Letís just be clear on that point.

They are out on their own. No point arguing about it - it is simply a fact.
    Fake news... football shirts in china / india haha

Football clubs really should be making a profit.

Right decisions on what.???

A football club is not just a business. That is the problem. I donít see how you could run a club long term with absolutely no passion for the sport at all.?

If a club is simply a business then actual success is measured in profit. Here is the problem. My club can make more profit than yours without winning a bean. But what about the fans..?

One club could do better deals - get lucky - punch above its weight - win 2 titles and make a £300 million profit while another can win 5 titles and break even. If passion is absent what is the incentive.? It is sport. Sport isnít business. Business plays its part naturally but football is tribal. It is all about passion
    In fairness I think the BRC was proved absolutely right by saying the manager is the key position at a club Klopp a great example and his successor will be pivotal even if not quite as Kloppy.
    The others play their bit, but as Ian pointed out the idea that manu have struggled owing to a lack of money spent on transfers doesn't wash.

No passion for the sport, is there any evidence of a lack of passion ?

The fans are able as consumers to protest the product. Theres more to the business of football than just profit. Theres revenue growth and in wanting to have as many would be consumers of the product and merchandise, success is a key component. In staying at the top success is key.
    You will have kids who inherit their club identity from family or locality, but there are a host of kids who'll be trapped by the top quality of teams and their players.

Balinkays other thread will take some time to digest. But this thread appears to be easy to digest. For now FSG would still hold the majority stake of shares. As such they will still control the club with a majority share.

If fans see a deal materialise whereby jwh/fsg will sell a 25% share for a massive profit when losses are taken into account, there would be an expectation of seeing some of that cash invested in the club.
    The club is on a trajectory whereby it could in short time (offset a little by many cl qualification) be the number 1 revenue generating club in the PL. Then its chasing a number 1 spot in europe. To do this the club needs be successful, success breeds success.
    Without success clubs following dither, there are many more lfc shirts been bought now than under Hodgson etc.

Messi/Cr7 even neymar have been huge commercial cash cows. Mbappe seems to be the heir apparent and we have a good chance of securing him.

The club has been on an upward trajectory under FSG and theres still more space to rise higher. I've yet to see any evidence they are satiated or resting on their laurels.
    They've ran the club well as a club and a business.

Manu not many