Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New moneyball investment

Naturally they have looked after their investment CC why on earth would they not do that?

We are talking about what happens once it is felt that a maximum value versus outlay has been reached. This is the problem with having no affinity with the club - the sport or the area lies.

If FSG sell a 25% stake in the club to Redball - it will
    effectively spell the end of their ownership. It will be much the same as it is at Arsenal. A brief chat to some of their fans might shed more light.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Naturally they have looked after their investment CC why on earth would they not do that?

We are talking about what happens once it is felt that a maximum value versus outlay has been reached. This is the problem with having no affinity with the club - the sport or the area lies.

effectively spell the end of their ownership. It will be much the same as it is at Arsenal. A brief chat to some of their fans might shed more light.
    Surely the structure on the team management and playing side of the organisation would remain intact though. Arsenal and indeed man United biggest problem in recent times has been shit managers and shit purchases in the transfer market. While we've had a decent manager and invested wisely. Ultimately that is all that matters. All the ownership can do is make funds available.

I agree that the manager is absolutely key and in theory yes - if funds are given for who they deem necessary all should be well. But shareholders have a habit of a more committee led approach and they ultimately view profits above trophies.

Was Wenger a shit Manager? Arsene Wenger...? Was he not handicapped by the very structure we could be looking at? And the Glazers did nothing for United that they had not already long since achieved. Fergie ran the place. So unless Klopp is hanging around for the next decade I donít see this in any kind of a positive light. Hope I am wrong but very much doubt I am.
    Last edited by Steveo; 11th October 2020 at 08:55 PM.

If they reach the top of world football say and are the number 1 club, then protecting their asset is about staying top.
    That means winning titles, having the best players and continuing to attract a larger share of future/new consumers from their success.

Kroenke iirc was unable to force through a sale with his minority stake and went off to some other club. The glazers haven't been ousted either. So fsg seem pretty secure as the main holders of Lfc.

Arsenal are in their situation as they've fallen from the top4, Manu the same but owing to their capitalisation on success (commercial cash) have deeper pockets.

The business side of football has a lot to do with the success on the field. Even arsenal fans seem rather enthused for now with arteta and have shut up a bit about their owners.

Yep and if Boris Johnson wasnít such a cunt he might be ok..

Allowing investment from Redball opens the door to all manner of problems.
    Boris should have stuck to being a TV comedian/fall guy - that is what he was good at

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Boris should have stuck to being a TV comedian/fall guy - that is what he was good at
    Got to lead the Tory party and won an election, pity he doesn't know what to do with his majority.
    Does say slot about the political class though.

He did CC but only because Corbyn was sabotaged from literally all sides. Clearly a far more talented individual than poor Jeremy but the geezer is a 24 carat cunt.

A total rogue blessed with the charm - he is very likeable and I always found him very entertaining.

He did CC but only because Corbyn was sabotaged from literally all sides. Clearly a far more talented individual than poor Jeremy but the geezer is a 24 carat cunt.

A total rogue blessed with the charm - he is very likeable and I always found him very entertaining.
    I believe his net worth is higher than Bojos

Politics is a dirty game at the best of times, fail to prepare etc...I wouldnt be as kind or soft in my appraisal of his performance as leader. There are many benefits conferred on the left by the cathedral. Sadly for Corbyn fans, the public and constituencies were in revolt against the very same cathedral.

I'd suggest Bojo had the same challenges to face, certainly vilified in the media too. Whilst afficable to some his stereotypical britishness has been attacked. Also a tad lazy, but I would say he had more competence in his team compared with Corbyn. As said the labour leadership contest was a particularly pitiful panel.

Come on man Bojo was protected from all sides to ensure there was no chance of a Corbyn Government. He was on the record with clear and obvious anti Islamic comment and used full blown racist tropes at will - He was even excused televised debate. The man was totally protected and insulated from all sides to ensure there was no chance of a Corbyn Government.

The media ignored it and his madcap lunatic policies for 18 months straight while ramming the long since debunked smears against Corbyn down everyone's throats every single day. This was not just the right wing media either The Guardian was at the forefront. This on top of nigh on 50% of Corbyn's own party determined to sabotage him from within. Bojo was clearly the establishment choice as Starmer is right now..

You can flippantly dismiss all that as you like but many know this to be the truth and millions more will come to realise it - years down the line - when it is all a distant memory.

Come on man Bojo was protected from all sides to ensure there was no chance of a Corbyn Government. He was on the record with clear and obvious anti Islamic comment and used full blown racist tropes at will - He was even excused televised debate. The man was totally protected and insulated from all sides to ensure there was no chance of a Corbyn Government.

The media ignored it and his madcap lunatic policies for 18 months straight while ramming the long since debunked smears against Corbyn down everyone's throats every single day. This was not just the right wing media either The Guardian was at the forefront. This on top of nigh on 50% of Corbyn's own party determined to sabotage him from within. Bojo was clearly the establishment choice as Starmer is right now..

You can flippantly dismiss all that as you like but many know this to be the truth and millions more will come to realise it - years down the line - when it is all a distant memory.
    It would be nice if you gave examples of this claim. Flesh it out a little. I'm not particularly in defense of bojo just he seemed to operate best and crush the threat to his leadership ie Farage.
    Farage called a nazi etc when merkel had said many of the same things as Farage about multiculturalism being broke.

Here's a weak piece from the guardian. Is this what you are on about ?
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/12/uk-news-push-alerts-negative-labour-positive-tories

Free speech inludes the right to offend people. I've see the they look like post boxes one, what was the racist one ?

Didn't he duck the interview with Andrew or are you referring to another televised debate with Corbyn ?
    Refusing to engage with media is a strategy and probably not a bad one. Media are ranked lowest of the public professions and their format is rather crap and hitman like. Seen mogg having to deal with Newman appaled at bbojos numeorus partners and lack of social conservatism, yet were mogg and bojos roles reversed she'd attack his social conservatism.
    Most people dont have much trust in them. Still Corbyn performs like a rank amateur in his interview with Andrew.

I'd suggest some of Corbyn's most vocal twitter supporters were a bigger hindrance to him than the media. I'm not sure the left is aware of itself anymore largely.