Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Football shakeup spearheaded by LFC and MUFC?!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I've no sodding idea what its means. so i wont complain either way.
    What it looks like to me is ,
    The lunatics are looking to take over the asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    TBH, i was too busy laughing at some of your comments to take in what it said lol
    Fair enough.

TLDR: The big six is trying to take all the power away from the other top flight clubs in an effort to centralise and stabilise their position, spearheaded by us. A few decent ideas are thrown in there to garner support from lower league clubs - a few scraps are thrown their way but that's it. No more one club - one vote rule. All the power will lie with the nine longest serving top flight clubs.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

This on top of the PPV bollocks, a simple and fair solution has always been that subcribers to Sky BT and other worldwide broadcast services get to opt out of their subscriptions going to sports they have no interest in and get to select to only watch games involving their club and that club gets more revenue from TV deals based on the number of people who subscribe to services purely to watch them

The way the TV money is divided, not just across the Premier League, but how subscriptions from people who only have them to watch their chosen Prem club are used by Sky BT and others to get involved and try to develop platforms in other sports absolutely takes the fucking piss
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Man City exempt apparently

Wtf is right, a lot to digest.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    All part of the great reset
    My thought too

£20 cap on away tickets when it is possible that away fans could be scrapped entirely imo as part of the great reset.

A lot to take in its fullness.
    Sounds like an idea that was somewhat in the pipeline but has been tweaked/forwarded somewhat to take advantage of the present covid scenario (or perhaps help?)
    Lower teams / organisations may be at a loss to refuse this offer otherwise they may go under.

Abolition of the league cup was proposed beforehand when the expansion of the CL was being proposed.

Iirc one of the suggestions around the CL expansion was that there would be a second group stage after our say traditional groupstage. The other was more teams being in the group stages and more groups.
    Instead of a last 16 and quarters perhaps 4 groups and the 4 winners going into 2 legged semifinals.

I'm guessing these proposals have a fair bit to do with an expanded CL and big money summer pre-season tours.
    If the CL expansion occurs, surely that would make the CL bump even greater than it currently is with non-Cl footy clubs.
    That would produce more equity between lesser pl clubs and championship sides, but more inequity between cl and non-cl clubs in the pl.

If the CL expansion sees more PL teams admitted, that would make qualifying even easier in theory for the big 6.

Hope the smaller clubs scuttle the proposal. Smart one would be to suggest an expansion of the league via cancelling the league cup. After all more PL games would generate more charity for non-pl teams.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I've no sodding idea what its means. so i wont complain either way.
    What does it mean....They are pushing a support agenda for the lower leagues..but they aint giving that away for nthing...sooo whats the real angle?

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    What does it mean....They are pushing a support agenda for the lower leagues..but they aint giving that away for nthing...sooo whats the real angle?
    They are like scrooge after the visit of the 3 ghosts?
    Leader of all..master of none..